yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie Question - Legally where am I allowed to drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Question - Legally where am I allowed to drive?

Hi,

Completely and utterly new to this lark.

'Simple' question.........legally where am I allowed to drive off road, is there a guide available that gives an outline of where is and isnt OK (Eg bridleways Etc?)

I know its a real hornets nest as far as the green welly brigade is concerned (I was dragged up in the sticks so I know what theyre like!), and I just want to know where I can and cant drive.

All help, suggestions Etc welcome,

Cheers,

Craig
    [center][b][i][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=silver][/color][/font][/i][/b] [/center][center][b][i][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=silver]"THE WIFE'S LITTLE RUN AROUND" - '95 3.0TD SSRG, DARK BLUE[/color][/font][/i][/b][/center][center][b][/b][/center][center][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=#c0c0c0][i]I ONLY GET TO PLAY AT WEEKENDS.......LIFE'S NOT FAIR![/i][/color][/font][/center]

Originally posted by Raven
    Hi,

'Simple' question.........legally where am I allowed to drive off road, is there a guide available that gives an outline of where is and isnt OK (Eg bridleways Etc?)

I know its a real hornets nest as far as the green welly brigade is concerned (I was dragged up in the sticks so I know what theyre like!), and I just want to know where I can and cant drive.

Cheers,

Craig
    Basically anything listed as a Byway open to all traffic (BOAT) or a Road used as a public path (RUPP) however there may be local enforcements prohibiting use at certain times or all times. Best source of info is the local council who keep what is called the definitive map. Also the Green Lane association GLASS have a website that is also useful.

Cheers

Comment

Hi,

Cheers,

Craig
      Have a look through these

http://www.glass-uk.org/
      http://www.shirelrc.com/lanes.html
      http://www.offroadroutes.net/
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Hi,

Cheers,

Craig
        Hi
        Legally you are allowed to drive on what the OS called BOATs (Byways open to all traffic) some countys somerset inclusive as far as I know also have a number of RUPPS (Roads used as public paths) which seems to vary as to whether you can drive down them or not.
        My advice would be to find an area that you are interested in locating byways to drive on, buy an ordinance survey explorer map of that area and then look for Byways.
        If you have the time, a trip to your local council office is often well worth while as you can get information directly about exactly where you can drive.
        There are also a number of B road that are more like off road routes, however these are harder to find and its mostly local knowledge that will locate these.
        If you have a local 4x4 club you will also most likely be able to get information from them if they are the helpfull sorts as to where you can drive.
        Bridleways are not available to drive down... even if they have tyre marks! ;-)
        Basically go the ordinance survey way, get a magnifying glass and start hunting for byways...
        I did this and now have a massive load of byways I can explore around devon when I get the time.
        Hope this helps
        CM
        2 Tone Mud Master!
        http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X