Pressure Sprayer ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure Sprayer ???

Just had a good look at my radiator and despite a pressure-wash there is still a fair bit of mud in the vents from 3 weeks ago (Salisbury - hurray!!!) Maybe I just did a bad job but I was wondering about getting something like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MakeTrack=true ... Thinking that it would be easier to get into the corners than the jet-wash and less likely to damage anything with the pressure. Might be good for the engine bay too. And you could take it with you on a greenlane trip.

Anyone used one or got any thoughts????
    where's this bit go then?

never used one so cant comment, but a good idea is to use some copper pipe and bend it into the position you want and the stick a hose pipe on the end, you could also flaten the end a little to allow a more spray like flow good to get in behind the rad etc.....
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

sounds good - trouble is i'm pretty sure that we've still got a hosepipe ban round here (yes... tell me about it ) Plus I've got some priceless, eco-bashing neighbours who have already got their sideways glances on my truck and I'm sure they'd be delighted to report my senseless waste of water - someone else on the street has already been 'reported' by some do-gooder and got a warning letter!!!! in advance of the £5k fine
      Last edited by osker; 28 November 2006, 02:28.

Comment

Also thought that it would be useful for washing off muddy gear before throwing it in the back of the truck .... and getting bit of mud of bikes before man-handling onto the roof bars .......

I think it may go onto my xmas list

[and this post should probably now be on the general section]

Comment

Don't bother. I've got one of these (a hozelok one) & they're only really good for spraying weeds & the like. There isn't enough pressure in one of these to wash off serious deposits of mud.

Comment

Cheers Mike - I did wonder about that. Need something with more power ....

Comment

i used one of those high pressure steam cleaners that you use for cleaning the kitchen and stuff, you can buy them on the shopping channels they come with a long attatchment to get into the hard to reach places
              SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

take the rad out and soak it in water?
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Sound advice - but a bit beyond me skills and knowledge at t he moment I'm getting there!

Comment

Originally posted by osker
                    Just had a good look at my radiator and despite a pressure-wash there is still a fair bit of mud in the vents from 3 weeks ago (Salisbury - hurray!!!) Maybe I just did a bad job but I was wondering about getting something like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MakeTrack=true ... Thinking that it would be easier to get into the corners than the jet-wash and less likely to damage anything with the pressure. Might be good for the engine bay too. And you could take it with you on a greenlane trip.

Anyone used one or got any thoughts????
                    Don't waste your money or time. A pressure washer will do from 10 metres what one of these will do from point blank. They're good for spraying traffic film remover though.... <- this is the kind of pressure you will get
                    http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                    X