tales of the expected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tales of the expected

you put your boots on, check you've not got a flat tyre, grab your OS map and you're ready to rock n roll. i love offroading and totally miss it since i sold my suzuki SJ the other year, but doesnt it jus grind your gears when stuff happens out there that you just KNOW will happen at some point, but it still $$$$es you off nonetheless.

there are loads of places to go offroading around here, since there are so many farms and most of the roads between them are byways, but a lot of them are used by the dreaded rambler. now, i've come to expect that, at some point or other, i'll come across a few people walking about. i mean, its the countryside, its nice to look at, there are sheep here and there, maybe some cows... ye know, all the grand things about living in the sticks.

i'm a patient person but one time i was out on a cold, rainy, windy day - the sort of weather people dont go out in but, as always, there were a few. no problem, jus wait for them to move to the edge so you can drive past and carry on. except they were not going to move aside! so i dropped back a little, let them move on a bit and see if theres a big puddle they have to walk around. still not moving. tried coming closer to them and where the road is wider, try to drive past. so they moved across!

in the end i turned around and went back the way i'd come, but oh my goodness, i SO thought about knocking it into 2nd and running the buggers over. obviously i'd never do such a thing, body parts cant be good for the suspension and i didnt want errant hands and feet breaking oil or water pipes. i think its strange how sometimes the most expected of things can cause you to get more stressed out than the unexpected.

anyone else have tales of the expected to share?? basically i just want to rant hahaa, its been pent up for almost 2 years and its not good for the soul!!

JUST LET IT OUT ......WE'VE ALL BEEN THERE
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

1st Impressions don't get a 2nd chance! Always be respectable to others & Treat those in a way that you would like to be treated. RESPECT
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Working...
      X