Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off road in Iceland

Hi all of you

I just came across your website, and being a Hilux owner myself, I had to take a look. I see you are doing other things than we do in Iceland, but you might be interested in looking at the web of the biggest Off road club here. (link) I know you don't understand the text, but you might want to look at the pictures in the photoalbum (myndasafn)

I'm driving a '84 Hilux 2,4tdi. Few years ago I rolled the truck, and to fix it, I replaced the body with a Mitshbishi Pajero body. you can see the end result here and pictures of the roll here

Hope you find something of interest
    Emil

I love the name badge you've put on the front, excellent
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

My Babel fish somehow does not like Icelandic

Welcome to the mad house
      Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by Emil
        Hi all of you

I just came across your website, and being a Hilux owner myself, I had to take a look. I see you are doing other things than we do in Iceland, but you might be interested in looking at the web of the biggest Off road club here. (link) I know you don't understand the text, but you might want to look at the pictures in the photoalbum (myndasafn)

I'm driving a '84 Hilux 2,4tdi. Few years ago I rolled the truck, and to fix it, I replaced the body with a Mitshbishi Pajero body. you can see the end result here and pictures of the roll here

Hope you find something of interest
        Emil
        Emil.

All I can say is WOW!!!!

Comment

Is that a 2nd gen ? It appears to have a Truckman top on the back but no join ? Or is it me ? The tailgate looks like a pick up type with a lifting truckman hatch window .

Edit : 1st gen or what ?
          Last edited by Vagrant No2; 2 February 2006, 16:36.
          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
            Is that a 2nd gen ? It appears to have a Truckman top on the back but no join ? Or is it me ? The tailgate looks like a pick up type with a lifting truckman hatch window .

Edit : 1st gen or what ?
            I guess you are talking about the old body. It is a Hilux and was a pickup truck. Early in it's live, a roof was build over it so looked like a 4Runner. it was about 30cm. longer than the 4Runner so it had much more space. The floor was flat and it was wery easy for two to sleep in the truck with the luggage inside.

Emil

Comment

Originally posted by Emil
              I guess you are talking about the old body. It is a Hilux and was a pickup truck. Early in it's live, a roof was build over it so looked like a 4Runner. it was about 30cm. longer than the 4Runner so it had much more space. The floor was flat and it was wery easy for two to sleep in the truck with the luggage inside.

Emil
              Thanks for confirming what is was before the Toyero . Looked a nice truck .
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

hilux pics

Hi Emil,
                Nice pics! The custom rear roof of the hilux looks as though it was made quite strong- steel? What happened, did you go snowboarding down the mountain?
                Do you use wheel-chains in Iceland?

Welcome to the UK Hilux Surf forum!
                cheers,