Watersports earlier today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watersports earlier today

We had a bit of a day out today on the Curragh plains in Kildare, Ireland. Turned out there was lots of mud and as much water as you'd dare...

Ciaran (Cmar) in his '98 3rd gen givin it loads

Robbie Carroll in his '89 2nd gen 2 takin a dip

Myself in my '91 2nd gen 2 door

CMar again

Robbie gettin to the point of no return

Robbie launching the Titanic

Heading up the stone track where 4wd is a must

Robbie needing a bit extra articulation as she thinks
    about changing from 3 wheels on the ground to 2

Looked a good day out, top pics, would like to stick em on the site if its ok with you.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
      Looked a good day out, top pics, would like to stick em on the site if its ok with you.
      Great!

Comment

Great pics Jim...
        Pity Morr and Delboy didn't make it. Ye missed a great day out!!

Comment

nice one jim

hea jim nice photos, i didnt realise u where following me every where with that camera ?nice work and if i do say so it was a nice quiet sunday afternoon like a stroll in the park

Comment

Sorry i didnt make it. i was pretty knackered after 2 nights in a row on the beer. Looks like ye had a good day. Next time i'll be there. Hope none of you got water in your diffs. Water looked way over the breathers unless you have them extended. I'd be draining them if i were you.
            Derek :
            1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
            [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

WOW great pics there.
              looks like you had a great day.
              funny thing tho did not see one mast or sail on them SURFS coz
              that water looked deep guys.
              anyone get wet feet?
              Enjoying Life after Cancer
              Pops

Comment

Originally posted by Cmar
                Great pics Jim...
                Pity Morr and Delboy didn't make it. Ye missed a great day out!!
                Yeah, missed it again, laid up ill since saturday morning (rang Jim and left a message).
                Next time, I'll definatly be there !
                Maurice
                Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

oops kept getting text messages from server regarding new voicemail activation and hating voicemail I just kept deleting the text and they kept sending them and so it was... . Get the tape out Robbie and see how deep that water was. If your runnin 32's the water was almost up to the top of the tyres. I think I remember someone on the old board saying 17" was the recommended limit ??

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
                    Sorry i didnt make it. i was pretty knackered after 2 nights in a row on the beer. Looks like ye had a good day. Next time i'll be there. Hope none of you got water in your diffs. Water looked way over the breathers unless you have them extended. I'd be draining them if i were you.

I think the 3rd gen's are ok with the front and center diff breathers, they are high up in the engine bay. I'll have to sort out extending the rear one though. I reckon the water was easily 30" deep in places, and judging by the water marks on mine, about twice that with a bow wave

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
                      oops!!!! i know what im doing next saturday morn so, draining a few diffs

Comment

Working...
                      X