crown point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crown point

went out today in the area of burnley.there is an open access place just off crown point rd .was exellent,infact the whole area is moorland,has anybody been up that way?its inbetween crawshabooth/burnley,thers loads of little lanes scattered all over this area going to go out again and take my camera and do some more exploring.
    also damaged rear bumper,went down a steep hill backwards,bad angle and went over a raised bit of ground and dented/squashed it bummer.going to dolly it out tommorow.
    hey just got a new 30 td surf all the gadgets 1997 metallic black niceeeeeeeeee

Originally posted by HYPERMONKEY
    went out today in the area of burnley.there is an open access place just off crown point rd .was exellent,infact the whole area is moorland,has anybody been up that way?its inbetween crawshabooth/burnley,thers loads of little lanes scattered all over this area going to go out again and take my camera and do some more exploring.
    also damaged rear bumper,went down a steep hill backwards,bad angle and went over a raised bit of ground and dented/squashed it bummer.going to dolly it out tommorow.
    Dont go out off road alone. If you get stuck then ur stuck.
    Dont think crown point is open to play but there maybe some tracks you can get away with driving down once in a while with out attracting attention.
    Be warey that if you get caught on land your not allowed on you could be fined (on the spot) or your vehical impounded.
    Ill have a chk on the track around there 2 see what i can find out.
    BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Justed checked the OS map for crown point and all the trcks are footpaths or tracks to a out building. None of them are BOAT (Byway Open to All Traffic)
      If you get caught or even your no plate taken you run the risk of having your vehical impounded.
      Have a search on the forum for section 59(i think) of the road traffic act

Better to play safe and play again than to play wrong and not for long.
      Attached Files
      BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Originally posted by Grimreeper
        Justed checked the OS map for crown point and all the trcks are footpaths or tracks to a out building. None of them are BOAT (Byway Open to All Traffic)
        If you get caught or even your no plate taken you run the risk of having your vehical impounded.
        Have a search on the forum for section 59(i think) of the road traffic act

Better to play safe and play again than to play wrong and not for long.
        the location is just passed crown point ,there was a sign and it said
        open access,there was no signs saying no 4x4,also a signpost saying pennine way or something.
        think i will invest in an os map ,dont want to upset anyboby at all
        hey just got a new 30 td surf all the gadgets 1997 metallic black niceeeeeeeeee

Comment

owt on your own

sounds like your knockin a bit of the shine of your truck mr monkey. i can tell your just itchin to get muddy take it steady an mr grim is right to say DONT GO OUT ON YOUR OWN unless you av all the gear and some idea an i dont mean a mobil phone. al do my best to take you out on sunday if i can. am not tellin you what to do just dont want you to end up in the poo.
          am off to ashton sunday mornin so will get back asap 12ish al text you then if av not by 12is txt me memory like er er siv.golly gone look what i found

Comment

Originally posted by golly
            sounds like your knockin a bit of the shine of your truck mr monkey. i can tell your just itchin to get muddy take it steady an mr grim is right to say DONT GO OUT ON YOUR OWN unless you av all the gear and some idea an i dont mean a mobil phone. al do my best to take you out on sunday if i can. am not tellin you what to do just dont want you to end up in the poo.
            am off to ashton sunday mornin so will get back asap 12ish al text you then if av not by 12is txt me memory like er er siv.golly gone look what i found
            Hi Golly,
            Do you mind if I text you after 12 tomorrow? Like to tag along.
            cheers,
            chris