yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

northwales run dec 28th confirmation list (USE THIS THREAD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

john do you fancy a few hours around capel curig with me?

Originally posted by john.sally
    hi Smeg
    i think as far as Wales goes the hill top farm land will be one of the only options left, but businesses like ultra are already exploiting this avenue and farmers (fair play to them)are getting wise to this and starting to diversify into this obviously for money.

i say keep it small and infrequent so we can carry on to enjoy what we want to do(twos company three is a crowd)

just never do it alone 4x4ing that is, our mountain rescue guy are fed up with solo hillwalkers needing rescue
    john
    john do you fancy a few hours around capel curig with me? might be a giggle a less formal run if you do give me a bell would be nice to get out before weather turns matt

Comment

Originally posted by matthew coventry
      john do you fancy a few hours around capel curig with me? might be a giggle a less formal run if you do give me a bell would be nice to get out before weather turns matt
      sound s good to me
      do you know of any areas to go around there?
      keep in touch
      john

p.s. happy new year
      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

happy new year to you to

sound s good to me
        do you know of any areas to go around there?
        keep in touch
        john

p.s. happy new year
        no i dont actually know any but hey they cant be that hard to find what day do you fancy the sooner the better for me .someone must be able to point us the right way

Comment

One of you needs to get subscribed to wayfinder. It is open to member of the TRF and GLASS etc I think. you put in the grid ref of the area where you want to go, and it will list BOATs and RUPPs, by the grid reference of the start and end of each section. it will also give you a report on the evidence why it is a legal green lane (eg is it on the definitive map or the List Of Streets?) and people who have recintly driven it post notes about conditions, locked gates, etc.

Then you sit down at the computer and transfer the info onto your OS map.

http://www.way-finder.co.uk/

Just doing this for the area near me and then will probably go scouting by trailbike.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
            One of you needs to get subscribed to wayfinder. It is open to member of the TRF and GLASS etc I think. you put in the grid ref of the area where you want to go, and it will list BOATs and RUPPs, by the grid reference of the start and end of each section. it will also give you a report on the evidence why it is a legal green lane (eg is it on the definitive map or the List Of Streets?) and people who have recintly driven it post notes about conditions, locked gates, etc.

Then you sit down at the computer and transfer the info onto your OS map.

http://www.way-finder.co.uk/

Just doing this for the area near me and then will probably go scouting by trailbike.

Dave
            excellent i'm onto it cheers for that dave
            john

Comment

excellent i'm onto it cheers for that dave
              john

CHEERS DAVE been lookin for a site like that nice one
              [url]www.northwestfishing.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by TimberSurf
                We were a group of 10, some pics showed us catching up with a landy outing, but only briefly b4 we diverged. We stopped for lunch and parked next to other 4x4s!
                10 vehicles is too many. 4 or 5 at the most is recommended by the Green Lane Association GLASS. I was laning in the area on the 28th too; think I saw some of you at Llanarmon DC where we stopped for pub lunch. I bumped into the Simply 4x4 lot later on in the day and they has 11 vehicles in there group.. Luckily there was somewhere my convoy of 3 could pull off the track and let them past. Most of the lanes in the area are under threat and its large convoys like simply 4x4 that are going to get them closed.
                Lewis

[CENTER]1984 Land Rover 110 V8 Lpg
                2003 Honda Accord Vtec

[url]www.landrover-110.co.uk[/url]

[email]lewis@landrover-110.co.uk[/email] [/CENTER]

Comment

The trick is probably to plan several different lanes - split up for an hour or two, meet back at the pub, then swap lanes so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by LandyV8
                    10 vehicles is too many. 4 or 5 at the most is recommended by the Green Lane Association GLASS. I was laning in the area on the 28th too; think I saw some of you at Llanarmon DC where we stopped for pub lunch. I bumped into the Simply 4x4 lot later on in the day and they has 11 vehicles in there group.. Luckily there was somewhere my convoy of 3 could pull off the track and let them past. Most of the lanes in the area are under threat and its large convoys like simply 4x4 that are going to get them closed.
                    the joys (not)of going with a specilist company(supposedly) having read the glass code i think simply4x4 have broken just about every rule, worst of all this must happen every weekend whats worse is they are not alone. have you seen the state of the landy brigade at the end of the day, they are out to the chew the whole place up, whinches, waffle boards, grizzly tyres the works, great if up the local quarry but these guys are on the lanes.
                    from now on i'm going to do my own bit and keep it to a group of three and use lanes/areas little known but legal, and make use of dedicated centres.

its great init if we dont use these vehicles off road we get attacked by enviromentalists for being Chelsea Tractors and if we do offroad then the enviromentalists want to stop us.

what ever you do in life there is allways somebody to have a go at you and try to stop you doing it.

i feel as if i'm hated by all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    i have a caravan
                    i ride a mountain bike
                    i own a 4x4
                    i install cctv
                    i have a teenage son
                    i have 2 dogs
                    i have 3 vehicles in the household
                    i smoke
                    i drink
                    and so on
                    and on
                    and on

Comment

• hey john im sort of fixed now lol toyota harlech are great

turns out all that was wrong was
                      the fuel pump
                      the main pulley
                      2 hoses
                      pulley cover
                      and the fan belts fitted in correctly and cam belt out by a tooth

oh well
                      got it back and the front shocks i had fitted in august are knackered and the front brake pads
                      #
                      these are getting sorted next friday so how do you fancy a run out next weekend you got my number lol matt

Comment

• Originally posted by matthew coventry
                        turns out all that was wrong was
                        the fuel pump
                        the main pulley
                        2 hoses
                        pulley cover
                        and the fan belts fitted in correctly and cam belt out by a tooth

oh well
                        got it back and the front shocks i had fitted in august are knackered and the front brake pads
                        #
                        these are getting sorted next friday so how do you fancy a run out next weekend you got my number lol matt
                        next weekend maybe a goer as both of us are off work for the weekend, and the little wants to go to blackrock again to have a drive on the sand(another chassis wash needed), if we can throw some lanes into it as well that would be great
                        will keep in touch
                        john

Comment

• sounds good john

next weekend maybe a goer as both of us are off work for the weekend, and the little wants to go to blackrock again to have a drive on the sand(another chassis wash needed), if we can throw some lanes into it as well that would be great
                          will keep in touch
                          john
                          my cars sorted friday morning so its a goer ive got virtually a new truck now so lets see what else we can break lol give us a call and well sort it out matt

Comment

Working...
                          X