X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tale of 3 tracks and 2 trucks !!!!

Well folks,

We made it - JUST !!!!!!!

Myself, Andy and Nigel from Mudclub have just been and found a run in Sussex (providing you don't mind the odd bit of tree rash )

We had 3 trails to do (2 done in both directions) with plenty of road use between

The first (& last) trail was a joy and even had jokes with walkers, riders etc

The second (& fourth) was challenging (just a tadge on the narrow side with inclines) and had the rambler from hell who asked what we were doing driving on a path, it was subtley pointed out that we were on a right of way, the route HAD been checked with the ROW dept of the council and still she came back for more and LOST
    Rambler - "What would you do if 40 ramblers came round the corner ?"
    Me - "Pull over and let them pass"
    Rambler - "" yep silence, she wasn't expecting that one

The third trail was the one that got us it had 3 sections, section 1 was tight, all 3 of us ended up wearing bits of bush and bugs etc but WAS passable, section 2 was going great, nice and open countryside on a flood plain, until the last say 100 yards when what looked like a nice crusty bit of mud turned out to be DEEP clay gunk - hippo ground to a virtual halt - we were moving but snails were lapping us ! so we had to play sensible and reverse back to abandon that section, unfortunately it fed into the 3rd so that got dropped.

All in all a good day, nice load of mud, and a slightly bent aerial

Here's the first load of pics

Trev

Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Part 2 - the 2nd lot of pics

Trev

Comment

The final chapter from me !!!

I Would like to thank Nigel from Mud Club for his assistance, and back up.
      I would like to thank Andy (from here) for camera snapping and gate keeping.

Trev
      Last edited by That Ruddy Squirrel; 22 May 2005, 17:48.

Comment

looks a good un trev
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
          looks a good un trev
          It was, just a shame we couldn't do all on the flood plain

But perhaps if we get a hot dry summer we might be able to attack it again.

The Pinz with 6 mud terrain feet could have possibly made it, poor old road tyre shot Hippo would have taken months, or reached Aus !

Trev
          Last edited by That Ruddy Squirrel; 22 May 2005, 18:14.

Comment

got to be done my boy
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
              got to be done my boy
              Then we will book you for the next run - better get your T-cut in now

Trev

Comment

Trev

Thanks for the day out m8, strange thing was that I kept smelling a fish a chip van round all of those lanes, so had to go to the pub for lunch when I got home, then fell asleep so didn't get the pics sorted until today.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                  Trev

Thanks for the day out m8, strange thing was that I kept smelling a fish a chip van round all of those lanes, so had to go to the pub for lunch when I got home, then fell asleep so didn't get the pics sorted until today.
                  Hehehehehhehehe, you are welcome Andy, will give you a yell when I am next leaving the tarmac if you want to come again.

Trev

Comment

Is the big truck a Pinzgauer, looks pretty trick as an overland tool, also bet you made him go in front to take the sting out of the trees.

Sorry, didn't read all the posts - it is a Pinzgauer

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                      Is the big truck a Pinzgauer, looks pretty trick as an overland tool, also bet you made him go in front to take the sting out of the trees.

Sorry, didn't read all the posts - it is a Pinzgauer
                      Hope that bet is a tank full of diesel - I was leader, he was there to tow me out of the sticky stuff which he nearly had to !!!!!

Don't forget "the car in FRONT is a Toyota" and close to getting stuck

Trev
                      Last edited by That Ruddy Squirrel; 23 May 2005, 18:06. Reason: Added "Dont forget"

Comment

Looked like a good day out- glad you got on well with the rambler!

Nevillef

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
                          Looked like a good day out- glad you got on well with the rambler!

Nevillef
                          There were two ladies who, shall we say ?, were just a smidgen past 21 and obvious ramblers who zeroed in on me at the end of our run, and I waited for another dose of ear battering to be pleasantly surprised by being thanked for pulling over etc - that one earlier on was an ill informed selfish person who did not like being shown who was in the right.

Now naturally I have reported back to the ROW of problems found, including Madam along with the news that I can prove where we went, at what time and at what speed - ain't Sat Nav great ?

Trev

Comment

Itsa, Itsa, Itsa, Itsa, Itsa, Itsa, Itsa, Itsa, Itsa, Itsa, Itsa, Itsa, Itsa, Itsa, Itsa, Itsa,

6 wheel drive Pinzgauer...... I want me one of those.... and it looks like a 2.5 Volks engined later model...

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                              Itsa, Itsa, Itsa, Itsa, Itsa, Itsa, Itsa, Itsa, Itsa, Itsa, Itsa, Itsa, Itsa, Itsa, Itsa, Itsa,

6 wheel drive Pinzgauer...... I want me one of those.... and it looks like a 2.5 Volks engined later model...
                              It was originally Petrol driven, it's now on it's 2nd VW Turbo Diesel engine, if you get one you will need BIG arms, there is no power steering on it !

Trev

Comment

Working...
                              X