Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=sim]
    Originally posted by Grimreeper
    Hi Gaz...its not the quarry that we play in (pay for) its a smaller 1 on the moors just off the Rossendale way.

Which quarry is this & how do I get to it.
    i think its called cowen quarry but stimpy or marky may correctme if im wrong. its a good site but dont go alone !!!!!!! some deep water as stimpy and ohsupremebeing will tell u (we have the pics lol), loads of mud and the rocks can damage body work, side steps and tyres as i found out.
    If a novice its good fun but we were more experienced and pushed things abit.
    Watch out for any posts for a rochdale quarry outing.
    Attached Files
    BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Thanks will do, looks like good fun but I think I would be taking things a bit more gentle to start with. I take it from your photos that Surfs have good door seals on them

Comment

Grim is right, its Cowm Leisure Quarry, for info, ring john on 07970101879 or Daz 07970717764 they run the site give them a ring and they will tell u all about it and the cost which was £10 for the day last time we went. But dont go on your own.
        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by sim
          Thanks will do, looks like good fun but I think I would be taking things a bit more gentle to start with. I take it from your photos that Surfs have good door seals on them
          You can take it at ur own pace in the quarry....there are easy/gentle bits and more extreme bits. You will get stuck lol so as chris said dont go alone and take a tow stap.
          On the door seal front they seem to be water tight....as most that have got stuck in the deep will verify.
          BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Not sur of the legal side but there is a off road track from Catley Lane Head (Rochdale) over the moors to Edenfield. Fancied a good look. It crosses the Rooley Moor and passes the quarry. What is the quarry like for playing in. Any info you find would be good.
            Rooley Moor is a no-go I believe. There are signs at the Rochdale end. OK on the mountain bike though!
            Cheers, Neil.

Comment

Will have to keep an eye open for the next outing, going to find me a tow strap, cheers guys.

Comment

Just a quick update, Recived an email back from Councillor Paul Rowen as below:

Simon,

Ding Quarry is on common land owned by the Lord of the Manor. They attended
                the meeting I organised in the Town Hall. My understanding is they will not
                support motorised vehicles on the moors.

Sorry but I think you still need to look elsewhere - they owned the quarry
                at Summit Littleborough and had the same attitude.

Thanks.

Paul.

So its a no go.

Comment

Originally posted by sim
                  Just a quick update, Recived an email back from Councillor Paul Rowen as below:

Simon,

Ding Quarry is on common land owned by the Lord of the Manor. They attended
                  the meeting I organised in the Town Hall. My understanding is they will not
                  support motorised vehicles on the moors.

Sorry but I think you still need to look elsewhere - they owned the quarry
                  at Summit Littleborough and had the same attitude.

Thanks.

Paul.

So its a no go.
                  Thanks for the update....at lease we do things legal and therefore dont spoil it for the areas that do let us play.
                  There is a play and dig at Barton if any 1 is up for it. C the barton post.
                  BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

There is a play and dig at Barton if any 1 is up for it. C the barton post.

No worries.

For future refrence, where is the Barton site. Er in doors works Saturdays so stuck with the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by sim
                      No worries.

For future refrence, where is the Barton site. Er in doors works Saturdays so stuck with the kids.
                      A57 IRLAM ECCLES junction near the Trafford Centre follow fo IRLAM approx 1/3 mile on r/h side at the end of railings is a lay-by cobbled road.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                        A57 IRLAM ECCLES junction near the Trafford Centre follow fo IRLAM approx 1/3 mile on r/h side at the end of railings is a lay-by cobbled road.
                        Cheers Mark.

Comment

Working...
                        X