Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site in Rochdale

Hi Guy's

Found a site in Rochdale when out on the mountain bike a couple of weeks ago, which I think may be one frequented by some members of the forum. It is a disused quary off up Rooley Moor Road in Norden. Took the Surf up there today for a mooch around, but wasnt to sure about the legalaties of taking a 4x4 up there as I havent managed to do any off real roading yet (even though I have had the Surf for 12 months now, shame on me) and got to grips with this side of things. Is this the site I have read about on this forum before.

Cheers

Si

Originally posted by sim
    Hi Guy's

Found a site in Rochdale when out on the mountain bike a couple of weeks ago, which I think may be one frequented by some members of the forum. It is a disused quary off up Rooley Moor Road in Norden. Took the Surf up there today for a mooch around, but wasnt to sure about the legalaties of taking a 4x4 up there as I havent managed to do any off real roading yet (even though I have had the Surf for 12 months now, shame on me) and got to grips with this side of things. Is this the site I have read about on this forum before.

Cheers

Si
    Hi Sim,

Sorry I cannot answer your question, but I kind of think that the guys who can are away this weekend at Langdale for the Northern Meet.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

swines......
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

No comment, I'm going to play with the southern group tomorrow

Trev

Comment

they are swines too cos thats closer to me and i still cant go....
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

If you could get to Chertsey or Fleet services I could help.

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
              Hi Sim,

Sorry I cannot answer your question, but I kind of think that the guys who can are away this weekend at Langdale for the Northern Meet.

Trev

Is that this weekend, should have known that, I have seen one or two post's about this. Ah well will try again on Monday. Cheers Trev.

Comment

Originally posted by sim
                Hi Guy's

Cheers

Si
                Not sur of the legal side but there is a off road track from Catley Lane Head (Rochdale) over the moors to Edenfield. Fancied a good look. It crosses the Rooley Moor and passes the quarry. What is the quarry like for playing in. Any info you find would be good.
                BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

This was the first time I have managed to get the Surf of road so I am a total novice, but I had fun in there. I didnt spend to much time as I was wary about being done, and I had her & the kids with me so didnt go to mad. There were no other 4x4's around, just a moto x'er who was havin loads of fun in the mud, but there was loads of trax so it is well used.I spoke to a mate that evening after going to the quary who told me that he may know the land owner, but I will follow this up and let you know.
                  I also found another playground further up the track from the quary when out on the mountain bike. There were a couple of rangies and a V8 lightweight climbing the steep hills, looked like ace fun, we actualy watched them come in from over the moor, which didnt look legal to me but f@?k it, I cant even ride my mountain bike legaly these days never mind dare to drive my car (Oops tried not to rant, sorry). Anyway will try and find out more about the site and let you know. If any of you guys that went to Langdale this weekend know about this site, let us know.

(Rambler spotting)

Out of interest, are there any more mountain bike surfers out there.

Later

Si

Comment

Originally posted by sim
                    Hi Guy's

Cheers

Si

Just back from an excellent weekend @ langdale. Dont know if this is the one Sim...Whitworth Quarry

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...light=rochdale
                    Click on the link for piccies etc.

If you put Rochdale in the search engine it may be covered in a couple of links
                    Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
                      Just back from an excellent weekend @ langdale. Dont know if this is the one Sim...Whitworth Quarry

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...light=rochdale
                      Click on the link for piccies etc.

If you put Rochdale in the search engine it may be covered in a couple of links
                      Hi Gaz...its not the quarry that we play in (pay for) its a smaller 1 on the moors just off the Rossendale way. Not sen the quarry but the track look like a good exploration trip if legal????? dont fancy loosing my motor.
                      BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Hi Grim, The road over Rooley Moor was downgraded many years ago, but I believe you may still have access to the quarry. I've been meaning to phone the RoW officer in Rochdale for quite a while now regarding the legality of the complete lane. I'll do it this week..... I promise!
                        Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

Just found it on an OS map, its called Ding quary, if this is of any use.

Comment

[QUOTE=Grimreeper]Hi Gaz...its not the quarry that we play in (pay for) its a smaller 1 on the moors just off the Rossendale way.

Which quarry is this & how do I get to it.

Comment

Right then, it's called Rooley Moor Road, Rochdale council recognise it as a RUPP, but the Lancashire side don't, where the boundary is I don't know. I got this info from the local GLASS rep. I tried to phone both Rochdale and Hyndurn councils today but no one was answering phones! I'll try again on Friday.

Hope this helps
                              Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X