Green Laning in Lancashire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Laning in Lancashire

Went for an explore today, and found a couple of really nice green lanes between Caton and Slaidburn. Easy driving (2wheel drive 99% of the time) with some stunning countryside. Not many people out, generally friendly apart from one walker who just grunted and frowned. Oh well.
    Attached Files
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Originally posted by Slugsie
    Went for an explore today, and found a couple of really nice green lanes between Caton and Slaidburn. Easy driving (2wheel drive 99% of the time) with some stunning countryside. Not many people out, generally friendly apart from one walker who just grunted and frowned. Oh well.

Nice pics paul. Looks like u had a good day out, Sorry u cant make Barton tomorrow.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

in second last pic some silly person has abandonded his truck
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

Hope you didn't go by yourself Slugsie.....
        Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

Well..... I was accompanied by my 5yo daughter.

There was only one point where I was even slightly concerned about getting through, but the Surf just drove straight on. The water crossing was a slight diversion form the main track, and is was only a small shallow stream.

Next time I go however, I'll be looking for volunteers to come with.
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

Sorry to have to tell you this but that road over to Slaidburn has a TRO on it.

Motor cycles can drive it but not 4x4.

Cheers

Graham
            Lancaster.

Comment

It does? I didn't see anything along the route that indicated that motor vehicles where prohibited, and I did check each of the signs. There were plenty that said going off the track was prohibited, and that certain side roads where no for vehicular use. There were signs along the route that indicated 'no motor vehicles (except for access)' (standard type used where they want to stop through traffic down a quiet road). There was also a sign over a bridge near the Slaidburn end that limited the bridge to vehicles of no more than 7.5 ton. Lancashire CC seem to have been fairly pro-active with the signposting, but like I said, I didn't see anything saying I shouldn't be there.
              Last edited by Slugsie; 26 January 2005, 18:54.
              Paul </Slugsie>
              Immortal.so far!

Comment

There's only 1 route i can c on the OS maps that goes across Salter Fell and Coarsedale Fell. Its a track but between these 2 points it changes to a path.
                I may have the wrong route. If your route is an ok route, which it sounds like, it would be worth a trip. May be check it with the council.
                BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

uck the council when are we going ?
                  Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Grimreeper
                    There's only 1 route i can c on the OS maps that goes across Salter Fell and Coarsedale Fell. Its a track but between these 2 points it changes to a path.
                    I may have the wrong route. If your route is an ok route, which it sounds like, it would be worth a trip. May be check it with the council.
                    On my new OS Explorer maps, the route is marked with green dots indicating a public access route, but giving no details of exact access rights. That is why I specifically checked any and all signs leading up to and along the route. I'm thinking of going back and doing it again the first weekend in February.
                    Paul </Slugsie>
                    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Hi sorry about this I have just spoken to Dave Paddly LCC he tells me the TRO is still in place on Salter fell road.

If you have a contact at LCC saying different i would be interested as I would like to use this road.

Thanks

Graham

Comment

Originally posted by goldmember
                        Hi sorry about this I have just spoken to Dave Paddly LCC he tells me the TRO is still in place on Salter fell road.

If you have a contact at LCC saying different i would be interested as I would like to use this road.

Thanks

Graham
                        I don't have a contact at LCC, I just went off the details on my OS map, and signposts on the ground. I must have mis-read (or missed) any signs that indicated the route was closed. Shame really, as it's a nice easy route, and shows no signs of being 'over used' or damanged by vehicles.

Oh well, if the route is closed, it's closed. Lucky you found out about the TRO, or I might have gone back and been caught.
                        Paul </Slugsie>
                        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Yes it's in deed a nice road I'm in contact with LCC and a member of GLASS the road has been repaired at Slaidburn end so the TRO should be lifted.

Will find out how we can get the road re-opend.

Cheers

Graham

Comment

Originally posted by goldmember
                            Yes it's in deed a nice road I'm in contact with LCC and a member of GLASS the road has been repaired at Slaidburn end so the TRO should be lifted.

Will find out how we can get the road re-opend.

Cheers

Graham
                            Nice one, keep us posted.
                            Paul </Slugsie>
                            Immortal.so far!

Comment

Rossendale Greenlane

I have seen a route from edenfield round the north of scout moor then along part of the rossendale way and down towards rochdale. it is marked as a track eg ===== but not sure whether it has right of way for 4x4s.
                              Do i speak to LCC or Rossendale council.
                              Does any 1 have the tel no/department i need to find out.
                              It looks a good run on the map and a reasonable length.
                              Last edited by Grimreeper; 5 February 2005, 22:09.
                              BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Working...
                              X