Hampshire Green Laning Part V - The Bracken Fights Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
    Good idea Rob. I wonder if the Streatley that was mentioned is the Berkshire one. I only know of two Streatleys, the one I was born and raised in, pronounced Stretley ( or Stratley if you are real Bedfordshire ) and the Berks one ( pronounced Streetley ). Anyway I know where that is.
    I once considered riding the Ridgeway on horseback ..............saddlebag ..................tent .........coffee ............beans.
    I won't digress anymore
    hrse sounds like hard work. diesel up the surf and go.
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

Originally posted by popbriscoe
      hrse sounds like hard work. diesel up the surf and go.
      sorry ment horse
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

I think Rob Got the right idea. Split the drive into sections and meet up somewhere in-between. I think the GLASS recommendation is for parties no bigger than 4 vehicles.
        Mind you the way things are going this month I wont be able to make it.
        Next Weekend busy sorting my brother's life out

Then I've been invited up to Cardiff, apparently there is loads of totty waiting for a single bloke

And after all that I have to decide between another party or a Surf competition down in Newquay.

Oh what a hard life I have......

Comment

Originally posted by rich
          That would be cool. I'll try and map out the bits that arent gated this weekend.
          never seen any gates??

i thought it counted as a road and you can drive whenever you want?
          who cares how many people in the group? they're all gonna drive down there anyway!
          it's wide enough to fit 3 surfs 2 dog walkers and a horse accross anyway so you wouldn't be getting in anyones way.
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
            never seen any gates??

i thought it counted as a road and you can drive whenever you want?
            who cares how many people in the group? they're all gonna drive down there anyway!
            it's wide enough to fit 3 surfs 2 dog walkers and a horse accross anyway so you wouldn't be getting in anyones way.
            Yeah but you know what these rumblers & wa*kers (sorry missed of the L) can be like, if its got 4 legs or 4 wheels it should be banned

so we got to be nice to em.

sumo.
            If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Been checking around the 'Way this evening and it is open at the Wantage section and is muddy but driveable.

No gates!

R.
              If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Originally posted by rich
                Been checking around the 'Way this evening and it is open at the Wantage section and is muddy but driveable.

No gates!

R.
                did from streatley to wantage last week all open, not sure about west of wantage though?

there is a gate at east illsley, but it just stops you going out onto the A34! (luckily!) it's unlocked though.
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                X