Slindon Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slindon Pics

What a laugh!! Very good day out, thanks all that came.

Must find a jet wash near the site for next time. Its a long drive home at 55mph due to a very muddy rad!

Thanks to Drummerboy for the mornings entertainment! Next time bring a rope and attatch it first mate!! Oh WHERES ME TROUSERS!!??? hehehe
    Last edited by lucky; 11 November 2004, 12:58. Reason: Pictures moved to Gallery
    I NEED TO OFFROAD!

drummer boy

if its any consolation we watched a defender winched out from the very same spot, although he had planned ahead, connect shackle first.

Steve
    Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

slindon

Hi guys and gals,my wife jan and i did our first offroadin today at slindon,and it was a bit of a baptism of fire, well water actually.We were goin great guns untill we came to a halt two and a half feet deep in a water filled ditch, and the more we tried to get out the deeper we got in,by the way when they tell you to sound your horn if you get in trouble,for assistance,thats not strictly true,in my opinion,its to let all the experienced drivers know that there's a newbie in the sh....t,i didn't realise what such a spectator sport it is,and how news travels so fast on the grapevine....sorry hornlink,hehehe.Thanks to the suzuki who pulled us out just in time,as i was outside trying to put the towrope and shackle on with the water lapping around my exhaust,(thank god for non return valves,sorry plumber's joke) jan was inside with the water lapping around her ankles treading water,we had about one inch of water inside,so i am thinking about a snorkel and are they very expensive,also do think they would do deal if i had the snorkel,goggles and flippers. hehe.
      !!!!!! good job Danno was there otherwise they (the suzuki)bless em,would have pulled out the rear bumper first,then the car.Big thanks mate,chris

Comment

looks like u all had a lot of fun, we all learn fast after we r stuck the first time hahaha
        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by Danno
          What a laugh!! Very good day out, thanks all that came.

Must find a jet wash near the site for next time. Its a long drive home at 55mph due to a very muddy rad!

Thanks to Drummerboy for the mornings entertainment! Next time bring a rope and attatch it first mate!! Oh WHERES ME TROUSERS!!??? hehehe
          Surf Myths Volume One.

1. Blue Surfs don't go faster.
          2. Burgundy Surfs don't float.

3. Black/Chrome Surfs are not self cleaning.

Good day by the looks of it!!
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Good pics, nice someone else instead of Danno going swimming!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

pic's

grate day lots of people getting muddy
              Last edited by lucky; 11 November 2004, 12:58. Reason: Pictures moved to Gallery
              http://www.datalas.com/cellar/drive1.gifTHE VEHICLE IN FRONT IS ANOTHER SURF 4X4

Comment

Slindon

We got there late but still managed to hook-up with those left, thanks guys for helping the newbie learn (thankfully my lesson wasn't as harsh as drummerboys), had great fun, got dirty (reminder to self, must wash the truck), and had cheers from everyone as I wiped out the rear fog hahaha now it's been christened, some pic's of us at the end.
                Last edited by lucky; 11 November 2004, 12:59. Reason: Pictures moved to Gallery
                Rob & Miranda

Surfing on the south coast

Comment

Sorry to have missed it. Still typing one handed (left) after volleyball accident meant right hand strapped up til nex tFriday !!! Couldn't drive my own little car let alone take beastie off road. Surprising how difficult things are when just one little thumb aint working....

Great pics guys...
                  Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Hey - looks great! So sorry we didnt make it, we must get there next time!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Was a great day! Plus, didn't break much, just reshaped the bash plate a bit!

Danno, I'm sure that hill climb was steeper than that, or is it just my aged memory! Certainly felt it, losing site of everything but the sky and tree tops on the way up!

Was good to meet more people of the forum, and look forward to the next one!
                      I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death

Comment

Originally posted by Helen
                        Sorry to have missed it. Still typing one handed (left) after volleyball accident meant right hand strapped up til nex tFriday !!! Couldn't drive my own little car let alone take beastie off road. Surprising how difficult things are when just one little thumb aint working....

Great pics guys...
                        Know the feeling. I missed Devils Pit on Sunday due to a crocked elbow. I tore ligaments and damaged tendons when the foot stool I stood on slipped a way when I over reached. The steps were only in the hall and I was too lazy to get them. Result: Arm in sling. Two Ibruprofen every four hours and some stuff called P-Gel to rub into my elbow. Back to work Wednesday on "light duties."
                        I would rather be off roading!
                        It's only a hobby!

Comment

The after effect

OK, Im still sporting lots of brown suff over the grey and am heading down the the jet wash at lunch and was wondering if I should jet wash the engine bay? Good plan or disaster plan? If I get past the rad that is!
                          Rob & Miranda

Surfing on the south coast

Comment

Originally posted by Orions_pop
                            OK, Im still sporting lots of brown suff over the grey and am heading down the the jet wash at lunch and was wondering if I should jet wash the engine bay? Good plan or disaster plan? If I get past the rad that is!
                            You won't do any harm jetwashing the engine bay, but dont get in too close to the radiator because it bends the fins. The best thing for the radiator is a normal hose at mains pressure. Don't forget the chassis and hollow cross members. I days off road fun = two weeks cleaning!
                            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Orions_pop
                              jet washed mine last night all ok, still got a ton of muck in the door jams probably best not to jet wash there though.
                              got a new fog light yet?

Drummer boy, have the carpets dried yet?

Steve
                              Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

Working...
                              X