No announcement yet.

Avon Dassett 26th Sept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am taking a day off and will be at Avon Dasset this week.
    Been busy for a while but have had a laugh.

Dont shout at me

But I had occasion to use a Landrover for a week, and ended up at the farm with my buddy Alan aka C.T.A. working on the Diahatsu, that would not start. Alan attaches the Lamerover to the front of the Diahatsu with a suitable piece of string, and procedes to tow me round the field for a bump start.
    CTA being related mentally to schumacker cannot do this at 10 mph but goes flat out round this tree.
    Next thing CTA and his lamerover are stuck sideways at about 45 degrees. with alan doing everything to move this thing with 2 wheels in the air. what was he stuck on ? ? I hear you say.

He has only ridden on top of a farm lawn mower which is now wedged under the lamerovers gearbox, it took 2 of us an hour with an engine hoist attached to the front of the lamerover to lift it high enough to get the lawn mower (which had not moved for years) out from under it.
    From this day till eternity those of you that know Alan, must now refer to him as "The Lawn Mower Man" and not CTA

And we still aint sorted the diahatsu, so zook will be there sunday.

Keith.....

P.S. Alan wanted a road legal motor to tow the zook and has now bought a Wrangler Jeep. 4.2 litres and as much power as any skoda
    I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
      Well if you don't, do you want me to bring the tailgate back to Trowbridge and bring it over when Tony's got time to do my bushes (or earlier if poss)?
      Sure if thats ok - Nigel was gonna be our fallback position but if your coming over ayway to do the prop shaft that would be cool.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
        Sounds good to me. Will see if I can find any bbqs tomorrow. Is it gonna be a case of you bring the burgers and i bring the sausages then?!

Just read your post, made me sarnies now
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

oh well, nevermind!

I'll be there between 9-10am depending on when I get up....

Comment

Working...
          X