No announcement yet.

northwales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm game for almost anything. I've got a day pass from the wife, so i may aswell get good use of it.

I'm only 30 mins east of chester anyway, so i don't mind an hour or so to get to the starting blocks, even if it means leaving here before 9am tbh.

i have never done green laning before, had one offroad session with a group of guys here in yorkshire. other than that i have driven many a tractor and learnt how to get them unstuck growing up on a farm. plus i have a total of 4" of lift and 4 brand new 33'' muds, and 2 tow ropes so will hopefully get on ok.

let me know where and when you want me.

Martin
    Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
      one of our friends is going in to hosp on thursday to have her eyes taken out and scrapped clean

That sounds absolutely terrifyingly hideous!

Mr Animal, if you are heading for Barmouth, on the other side of the estuary at Arthog, there is quite a long green lane that will take you across to the vicinity of Bryncrug and Happy Valley. It passes a monument to the crew of a B-17 that crashed into the mountainside above the lane killing all onboard.
      Last edited by Apache; 13 November 2008, 10:23.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by B16mts View Post
        i'll definalty be going past broughton park. no idea when or where to yet though!

Martin
        K - will meet up there then eh - when we know what time.
        Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
        On the way to where? WALES
        where we meeting? ?
        where we goin? WALES...you just asked that

how did i get here? this is not my beautiful house, this is not my beautiful wife, and the days go by.......................
        How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post

Jeeeyz never noticed that....

Comment

Mr Animal, if you are heading for Barmouth, on the other side of the estuary at Arthog, there is quite a long green lane that will take you across to the vicinity of Bryncrug and Happy Valley. It passes a monument to the crew of a B-17 that crashed into the mountainside above the lane killing all onboard.
            was wondering where the B-17 was.. ..have you got the grid ref, i can see the routes on the map, wouldnt want to plot Happy Valley instead of B-17 tho ..lol

Right, bit of a plan coming together..we got 2 options..we can hit a few lanes down towards the B-17, then hop over to the wayfarer

or..

Bimble around nearish to the coast and work our way down to the wayfarer

i dont mind either, would be nice to hit 2 'good' lanes..but we could find some nice lanes whilst exploring..??

Comment

Originally posted by an1mal_69 View Post
              was wondering where the B-17 was.. ..have you got the grid ref, i can see the routes on the map, wouldnt want to plot Happy Valley instead of B-17 tho ..lol

Right, bit of a plan coming together..we got 2 options..we can hit a few lanes down towards the B-17, then hop over to the wayfarer

or..

Bimble around nearish to the coast and work our way down to the wayfarer

i dont mind either, would be nice to hit 2 'good' lanes..but we could find some nice lanes whilst exploring..??
              I really don't mind Nik - don't know where the B17 is. Don't plan around me as might only be able to do till 3pm anyway, my Nan passed away Sunday (my life just gets better at the mo - I'll have no family left at this rate) and my dad is home so not sure whats happenin. But deff comin for the most of the day - need the break.

Comment

sorry to hear that..is hard i know 1st hand *hugz*

well if we can get off pretty handy, like 09.00-09.30 we could head down the valley..if folks dont fancy the early rise we'll just go exploring

Comment

Thanks Nik. I can be ready to leave Chester from 8.30 onwards at a push. Will pop here 2mrw to find out where to meet up with anyone or give me a call / text 07966001563. Lookin' forward to it

Comment

Originally posted by an1mal_69 View Post
                    sorry to hear that..is hard i know 1st hand *hugz*

well if we can get off pretty handy, like 09.00-09.30 we could head down the valley..if folks dont fancy the early rise we'll just go exploring
                    Hi Nik

Can you send me your contact details to ?????????????????????so we can sort out what is happening as regards accom offer you made for saturday night. I'd at least need your address

Cheers

Andy

Email recieved, cheers Nik hope to get over late afternoon'ish if thats ok
                    Last edited by Growler; 14 November 2008, 01:11.

Comment

Not something i'd fancy for sure. We used to race RC cars in same club and about 12 months ago she had a nicad battery pack explode in her face whilst charging. Lost her sight for nigh on six to eight weeks initially as eyes were covered in battery acid and metal splinters.

They've had to wait this long to let eyes heal to a point where they can be worked on. Hoping to give her between 70-90% vision back if all goes well

Comment

jeez..that sounds harsh..!!

Emailed info Andy

Bibs, if we can sort a meet out for you and B16mts, and possibly Toby if he's coming, then you guys can mooch over this way, and we'll get cracking

Comment

Wow, that sounds horrible!

I know all about high power packs having been into electric flight for a long time. Try lithium polymer. They are even less kind when it comes to mishandling them, though they tend to just burst into flames rather than explode. Those metal cans can build up quite a pressure when they heat up.

<edit>

I'll be in the shed later so I'll look up the map refs for B-17 for you.

<edit again>

Outdoor Leisure sheet 23. North end is 133 648, head south at the crossroads bearing around the western slopes of Braich ddu where the B17 crashed. The memorial is down from the track against a dry stone wall maybe 10 yards off the track to your right when heading south, and *roughly* when you are end on to the railway bridge over mawddach Estuary. FANTASTIC views over Barmouth from here if the weather is clear!

Stay west of Esgair Berfa.

Take the RIGHT fork (slightly descending) at 085 624 heading more or less due west then varying towards south-west. You leave the trail at 072 588 at Pant Gwyn farm and then follow the road to the A493 at Rhoslefain where you bear left for Bryncrug and Happy Valley.

I think you have the co-ords for that, but just incase, start at 616 022 and follow what starts as a narrow tarmac road until all hell breaks loose at about 635 008 and Goran bottles out

The south end is at 668 998. If you only do ONE green lane this year, do this one! I dont care what anyone says, its one of the best! Do it both directions, its VERY differnt each way, and you can still head NW from Bryncrug to yawn your way along Wayfarer (except for the narrow bit) because after Happy Valley, nothing comes close to clenching your buttocks!
                          Last edited by Apache; 14 November 2008, 18:09.

Comment

Well I will meet you all at the finish of happy valley then as I am not driving this after being told it's dangerous. Adrenalin junkie I am not, knowing my luck at the mo I would be the one over the edge so nooooo thank you.

Will still meet with B16..... but will take a diff route.

Comment

It's not as bad as it sounds. I've driven it 4 or 5 times now. It's just Goran's a bit of a girl

If it's dry, the bit that causes all the fuss is no probs (literally 20 or 30 yards which is a bit of a buttock clencher). If it's very wet it needs care but is easily passable. Boyo did it in the Landcrusher, and thats a good 6 - 8" wider than a Surf.

It's the finest lane I've ever driven, you'll regret it if you dont do it.

Comment

It's not as bad as it sounds. I've driven it 4 or 5 times now. It's just Goran's a bit of a girl

If it's dry, the bit that causes all the fuss is no probs (literally 20 or 30 yards which is a bit of a buttock clencher). If it's very wet it needs care but is easily passable. Boyo did it in the Landcrusher, and thats a good 6 - 8" wider than a Surf.

It's the finest lane I've ever driven, you'll regret it if you dont do it.
                                Mudsurfer advised against it
                                GWH advised against it

Gordon didn't seem a big girl to me.

I aint up for being no hero thanks an am I sure I will cope not havin' driven it.

Comment

Working...
                                X