Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• northwales

Any thing going on around Northwales?
    just looking around to see whats happening.... around.

hiya Gwyn..

check the expeditions thread..hopefully a few of us goin for a wander next Sun (16th) If no one wants to play out, i'll still come out..been plotting most of the local(ish), legal, lanes.

Im only in L'dudno

Comment

Originally posted by an1mal_69 View Post
      hiya Gwyn..

check the expeditions thread..hopefully a few of us goin for a wander next Sun (16th) If no one wants to play out, i'll still come out..been plotting most of the local(ish), legal, lanes.

Im only in L'dudno
      Well that should be two of us at least then as i plan to join you on the 16th, been looking forward to it for the last couple of weeks.

By the way can you suggest reasonable B&B near you so we can come down on the saturday and make the most out of the sunday, as your about 2.5 hrs from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
        Well that should be two of us at least then as i plan to join you on the 16th, been looking forward to it for the last couple of weeks.

By the way can you suggest reasonable B&B near you so we can come down on the saturday and make the most out of the sunday, as your about 2.5 hrs from me.
        Make that almost certainly 3 - not sure about Happy valley though.
        How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post

www.rhydhir.co.uk

Tell them you are from this forum, and that you know their son, and if they don't offer you a good deal, then you'll make him visit them!!!
          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

i can accommodate a few people here, would have to get crackin pretty handy if we want to make a day of it. As ive mentioned before, found some promising looking lanes, only had the chance to reccy one tho so it could be a bit hit & miss..hence trying to get happy valley & the wayfarer in as well to guarantee some action.

Could even make a trip to bala for an afternoon session..?? We can make plans and chat about it on the sat eve..

Comment

Personally, I'd give Happy Valley a miss - it's not in a good state at the moment, and I've asked CRAG and GLASS to look at it in lieu of doing some work there to shore it up a bit - I think from the posts from the last Wales trip, it's a bit too scary!

Try Whitestones - come off the Wayfarer in Llanarmon DC, and when you get to the village, turn left - there is a road in front of you on the sharp right hand bend, go up the hill and this road turns into a track - Whitestones - nice rutted lane, good number of gates, but nice route, and takes you to the bottom of Ceriog Forest, another good place to explore....

Comment

cheers for the advice, we'll give that one a miss then.

have you got the co-ords for happy valley, as ive plotted a few more routes around Barmouth.

Comment

Don't give it him - pleeeeeease. I do NOT want to die.
                  How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

lol..i was after them to make sure we dont wander that way. I dont rekon my truck would be upto Happy Valley. Too stiff at the mo, would bounce me over the edge i rekon..

Comment

I've gotta be honest, I find it scary that people can just go an offroad an face things like "happy" valley!!

The pictures that have been posted make it look pant altering in the challenge stakes. One wrong move an thats it! You've kicked the bucket! Your toast! Brown bread... game over!! ahem..

I made a hash on a section at salisbury plains.... the bleeding plains!! Worse thing is it was a flat bit!!

I wouldn't want to do Happy valley. I dont have any faith in my driving on something like that... nor do i have enough faith in the surfs a/b pillers to stop it popping my head like a ballon when it went over

Comment

This months LRO has a wales roadbook in, think it was west wales and pontypridd or something, but all the same maybe of interest to some of the welsh contigent.
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

cool..ill have a look out for that this afternoon..

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                            I've gotta be honest, I find it scary that people can just go an offroad an face things like "happy" valley!!

The pictures that have been posted make it look pant altering in the challenge stakes. One wrong move an thats it! You've kicked the bucket! Your toast! Brown bread... game over!! ahem..

I made a hash on a section at salisbury plains.... the bleeding plains!! Worse thing is it was a flat bit!!

I wouldn't want to do Happy valley. I dont have any faith in my driving on something like that... nor do i have enough faith in the surfs a/b pillers to stop it popping my head like a ballon when it went over
                            I know it looks pretty hairy scary, but have there been any accidents there..?? Sure they would have been well publicised if so..not defending it, just curious

Comment

Originally posted by an1mal_69 View Post
                              I know it looks pretty hairy scary, but have there been any accidents there..?? Sure they would have been well publicised if so..not defending it, just curious
                              Wanna be the first???

Nina drove it in 2WD in May, and we swapped seats on the really hairy bits, as I didn't like the view out of the passenger window - but we didn't have working 4WD, so it was VERY SCARY!!!

It's got worse, and at this time of the year, you just don't know - and like Rod says, it is interesting that people with not much experience and no training will take that route on - and get to the nasty bits and pooh their pants.....at best...

Comment

Working...
                              X