July 6th - Woodlands, Kent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 6th - Woodlands, Kent

Whos up for it then? Plenty of notice so no excuses.
    This will be the last time I can go for a while as the Surf is being laid up as I cant afford to run it 50 miles a day anymore.
    See http://www.woodlands4x4.ic24.net/index.html for details.
    Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Sounds good, won't know till nearer the time though
    www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Are you still going? I should find out today if I'm free on sun, if I am I'm defo up for it my Surfs looking too clean!

Comment

I shall be there!
        Get there early though, need to be there by 8am really or you might not get in.

Anyone else coming?

Comment

keep an eye out for another surf there.a couple called Steve and Trina said they are hoping to go this weekend
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Dammit! Looks like I wont be able to make it!!

Have a good time

Comment

There were 3 Surfs there today but no-one off here except me.
              Lots of lovely gloopy mud everywhere, took me 2 hours of jet washing to get it off!
              loads of Land Rovers broken down as usual and at the end of the day it was mainly just the Japs left running!

I cant believe more of you from the South East are not up for going.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny77 View Post
                There were 3 Surfs there today but no-one off here except me.
                Lots of lovely gloopy mud everywhere, took me 2 hours of jet washing to get it off!
                loads of Land Rovers broken down as usual and at the end of the day it was mainly just the Japs left running!

I cant believe more of you from the South East are not up for going.
                I could only see one surf, with some dust on its tyres,very dry over there where did you find the mud near the toilets. didnt see one broken down land rover and i was there till 2 .and yes i was in a jap
                JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

There was me in the green 2nd gen, there was a black one with clear rear lights and a standard looking blue one.
                  I found it harder going than last time I went which was when it snowed in April. I think the harder ground back then helped. I had to bail out of a couple of the black runs that I had no problem with last time, like Howards Hill, I just couldnt get out!
                  There was loads of sticky 'half set concrete' type mud over by the Big Hill. I agree though that most of the site was pretty dry but he water runs make up for it.
                  There were Rangies and Discos with bonnets up and wheels off all over the place! At least they have each other though, I always feel like an outcast in the Surf... One RR broke its steering just getting to where the burger van was!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny77 View Post
                    There was me in the green 2nd gen, there was a black one with clear rear lights and a standard looking blue one.
                    I found it harder going than last time I went which was when it snowed in April. I think the harder ground back then helped. I had to bail out of a couple of the black runs that I had no problem with last time, like Howards Hill, I just couldnt get out!
                    There was loads of sticky 'half set concrete' type mud over by the Big Hill. I agree though that most of the site was pretty dry but he water runs make up for it.
                    There were Rangies and Discos with bonnets up and wheels off all over the place! At least they have each other though, I always feel like an outcast in the Surf... One RR broke its steering just getting to where the burger van was!
                    has it occured to you the rangies and land rovers do all the course and dont back out and out of 67 land rovers 2 diffs and 1 steering arm [ repaired on site]is not bad considering the amount of abuse they were getting .if there werethe same no of surfs doing the course as agressivley'how many would have broken or more probably overheateddue to cracked heads,
                    how

Comment

You waited 18 months to post that?

This is a Surf forum, its tradition to have a dig at Landies, its all part of the fun.
                      I take it you were there on Sunday then? What were you driving?

Comment

Working...
                      X