Kent/Sussex surfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kent/Sussex surfers

Just seen a link to a new site near Haywards Heath, running pay and play days on the last Sunday of every month.

Anyone fancy a visit next month, i guess it'd be 27th May?

I will email tomorrow and try and get some more information and pics as all i have is what's on here http://www.4x4web.co.uk/offrd.html

"Sunday April 29th, Piccadilly Wood, Bolney W. Sussex RH17 5UU"

anyone interested?
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Sorry taking the surf fishing in South Uist. Otherwise a great idea.

Comment

Bump.....and a bit more info

I have just had an email from the organisers of the piccadilly wood playdays with a few photos from last month which i will upload shortly.

The address is Colwood Lane, Bolney, Sussex. It's approximately 9 miles south of Gatwick Airport, and half a mile off the A23.

The site is open on the last Sunday of every month from 9.00am to 5.00pm, Cost is £25 per car.

There is a Tea van on site and free tractor recovery if needed. It's a 40 acre site, and if you want to contact them directly tel 01444 461690, or email jperver@btinternet.com
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

location map

and the photo's they sent me can be found here http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u...ood/?start=all

So - anyone game for 27th May?
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

bump, anyone? UDTrev, Snoop must be your way somewhere?
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

bolney

hello new surfer(member not owner) here. i went to that site last month and its an accident waiting to happen. some guy in a jeep rolled it (twice), driving on an out of bounds area. when he was pulled out by the owner, he proceede to drive extremely quickly, around the sit. this coupled with the kids on quad bikes at about 30 40 mph!! had so many near misses, so not going back till the marshalling is sorted ou, pity cos the site is graet and very challenging in places
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

thanks for the tip off, i will see how it goes up til then. I gotta get my MOT done before i go get it muddy again and break somethin else. If i go i'll be a bit cautious and try and get a lift round and have a good peek before i decide to take the surf in.

there's always woodlands the following weekend for my mud fix
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

That's very close to me and Trev Nero, pity I didn't see this before. I might be up for a cautious checking out of this site in June though it doesn't sound great on the safety front from gwh200's comments? I've been to Roats farm up the road, is this the same organiser?
                Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Thanks for posting the pics, they look real good.
                  May have to check this place out myself, as being just up the road from gwh200, it must be about the nearest to me!
                  Any others round here? ( Near Eastbourne)
                  Never been off roading before so i'd love to go and see what its like

Alan
                  www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by tintin
                    Thanks for posting the pics, they look real good.
                    May have to check this place out myself, as being just up the road from gwh200, it must be about the nearest to me!
                    Any others round here? ( Near Eastbourne)
                    Never been off roading before so i'd love to go and see what its like

Alan
                    You have a few green lanes down your neck of the woods - Firle and Folkington spring to mind.

Trev
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Looks like i need to do a bit more research then just "give it a go"
                      Thanks
                      Alan
                      www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by tintin
                        Looks like i need to do a bit more research then just "give it a go"
                        Thanks
                        Alan
                        Alan,

Send me an email and I may be able to help

Trev
                        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

hi newbie here,just got a surf,come from sports cars but had to get family car,this was as close as i could get,but i have the uncontrolable urge to get it muddy???lol,nothin to extreme??im brighton,any ideas?

Comment

will be doing something on (whats left open) of the sussex lanes

bout mid november

if you want to try out the surf,you are quite close to slindon,last sunday in every month,very gentle to extreme 25 quid play all day,well worth a visit
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                              You have a few green lanes down your neck of the woods - Firle and Folkington spring to mind.

Trev
                              Any idea how to find them?

Comment

Working...
                              X