Just Back From Devils Pit - 21 November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Back From Devils Pit - 21 November

Got back from Devils Pit about an hour ago. Another good day for most. My bruvs Zook spent more time with the bonnet up than going anywhere! I got a couple of goes before I broke it.

Pops showed us how donuts should really be done .......scary

Thanks to Roger (Gamedawn) for giving me and my nephews mate a ride round. Top truck for the muddy stuff

Nigel (Koi) was broken down at the bottom of the Barton Cutting, with his pickup and waiting for the RAC to arrive when I left. Hope you didn't have to wait too long in the cold.
    It's only a hobby!

Yep we just got back too yet another grand day out and nice to meet Andy and Barbara and the other Andy with the essex boy ice blue 3rd gen.
    As usual I was to busy playing to tak many piccies but heres what I did take.
    Last edited by sumo; 17 August 2007, 08:22.
    If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

That was the most fun ive had at Devils Pit and the most ive been driven and have driven around.
      I think Rob having the first damage of the day done in the carpark when he wasnt even near the car really inspired him to better that scratch by crunching the bumper on a mud bank on his first time around the course.

I think i would pay £20 just to drive up and down the car park, if it wasnt full of cars and people, infact id be happy in a big flat muddy field. Id also be happy if it wasnt so easy to slam it into park when you mean reverse, a problem i discovered at Avon Dasset at the worst possible moment- thank god no one was around to hear what that sounds like. That was the last time i drove so there was no way that i could even consider anything more daring than the easy stuff this time, Robs blood pressure wouldnt have coped (Rob=Stressed Eric in the passenger seat btw :p).
      It was interesting to drive the course with a bit of time between sessions as even less traction later in the day made it feel like an entire new course.

Thankfully i dont have to clean it but i remember last time that it was a very mediocre day out and the little we could do was no fun. I was impressed that we managed to spend most of today with a forward & sideways motion, at the same time. Very satisfying.

From the passenger POV (which i spend a lot of time as- if i break it i gotta fix it is my opinion- i like the passenger seat) I have also come to appreciate two facts;
      1. A lift (Rob can fill you in with technical excitement) as this makes your backside ache a lot less at the end of the day since it seems the driver will always slam the car down as hard as possible on any rock etc. so long as its the left hand side of the car that takes the brunt of the hit.
      2. When taking a picture/movie try to steady the camera with the cars roof, as this forces you to hold your arms up in the air making it feel like your on a rollercoaster.

I hope Roger got home ok after his failed attempt at mating Surf with rope, whilst a blond coloured water proof rope that could stick to any surface would have been a good outcome that wasnt the case....
      www.thegamingunion.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by sam
        I hope Roger got home ok after his failed attempt at mating Surf with rope, whilst a blond coloured water proof rope that could stick to any surface would have been a good outcome that wasnt the case....
        Thank you for your concern. Despite the Pits best attempts to keep me there (by tying me to the scenery and jamming the brake on) I made it the rest of the way home without incident. And having looked at the price of a new handbrake cable I've decided to just leave it in park in future!
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Working...
        X