yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roll Cage For My Zook. What Guage Steel Tube?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll Cage For My Zook. What Guage Steel Tube?

I've got the mechanical bits sorted out. She starts and stops if I throw out the anchor!

The only thing I need to know now is what guage steel is recommended for the roll cage. I'm going to go for an external roll cage so the uprights and horizontals will be in excess of 4Ft.

The front bumper and rear skid bar are going to be 2"x2"x1/4" steel box section.

Ta in advance.
    It's only a hobby!

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
    I've got the mechanical bits sorted out. She starts and stops if I throw out the anchor!

The only thing I need to know now is what guage steel is recommended for the roll cage. I'm going to go for an external roll cage so the uprights and horizontals will be in excess of 4Ft.

The front bumper and rear skid bar are going to be 2"x2"x1/4" steel box section.

Ta in advance.
    with your head 15mm copper will do
    i going to use scaffold poles got man up road £10 length
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

Will they fit on the Surf train? If so bring a couple of lengths up to the Pit.

If you happen to have a 2 Metre offcut, just say how much and I'll have a piece. They are like rocking horse poo round here.

I trust your shoulder is well on the mend and that the typing finger hasn't seized through lack of use.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Will they fit on the Surf train? If so bring a couple of lengths up to the Pit.

If you happen to have a 2 Metre offcut, just say how much and I'll have a piece. They are like rocking horse poo round here.

I trust your shoulder is well on the mend and that the typing finger hasn't seized through lack of use.
        well on the mend now ta!!!!!!!
        2metre length wot the **** you making rollcage for a mouse?
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
          well on the mend now ta!!!!!!!
          2metre length wot the **** you making rollcage for a mouse?
          I need 2M to make a stub mast for my Ham Radio aerial tower. I'll be able to rotate my beam aerials then.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

I need 2M to make a stub mast for my Ham Radio aerial tower. I'll be able to rotate my beam aerials then.

I've got some off cuts of 50mm tube approx 5' long your welcome to some if you want.
            I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

hey there phil have you not got any pics to post of your zook

Comment

Phil i have a number of off cuts that i use as stub masts...

Why for yooo noo askk stopid boy Pike
                Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by davie
                  hey there phil have you not got any pics to post of your zook
                  I have taken some before pictures. I was going to wait until I had taken some in progress pics. I'm going to be busy with the angle grinder next week.

I got some rear brake shoes ( brand new ) off eBay for £7.50. My local motor factors was quoting nearly £35. I had to have them because the original ones were down to the metal. Also got a workshop manual £7.50 and a Haynes for £3.00

Just got a quote for mild steel tube. 2x 7.5Mtrs 33.7mm O/D x 4mm wall - £72.73 inc VAT but they want £16.00 + VAT to deliver. I live half a mile from their yard!!!! They cant cut it so I can collect and I cant go there to cut it (health and safety blah blah blah).

I've got another place I can try. At least he lets you sort through the offcuts so you don't have tons left over.

Sorry I went off on one! will post pics soon.
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by jotto
                    I've got some off cuts of 50mm tube approx 5' long your welcome to some if you want.
                    Cheers! What wall thickness are they. Sounds interesting. The rotator cage for the ham radio mast will only take scaffolding pole. (1 29/32" I think?)
                    I've tried 52mm etc and they just wont fit.
                    If they are thick enough they could be handy for the Zook roll cage.
                    I will PM when I am off work.
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

won't scaffold tube crack when you bend it?...
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                        won't scaffold tube crack when you bend it?...
                        The pipe bender probably will

The scaffold was to make heavy duty front bumper, rear bumper and sliders.
                        I'm still using 1.5" x 4mm tube for the roll cage.
                        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Just seen this thread, one of my sponsors built a external cage for a Jimmy a while go, im not sure of the gague steel he used but i`ll ask tomorrow.
                          Attached Files
                          Cheers

Mart 870

Racing for Thomas

Comment

Working...
                          X