THE FORUM Pony Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gizmo
    well with all the roadblocks and the water down near worcester the three counties show has been cancelled so if anyone was thinkin of goin this weekend ...forget it.

just don't think a snorkel would fit the horse and certainly didn't wanna play a new game of water polo by horse
    Cheers for the heads up - let me know if it is re scheduled.
    How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      She's got you on a horse already!!! Damn, I've been with Linda for over 4 years and avoided it so far!

Well just think how dangerous motorbikes can be in the wrong hands, give it wheels which are the wrong shape, and a (tiny and stupid) brain of its own and you have a recipe for disaster.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
        well with all the roadblocks and the water down near worcester the three counties show has been cancelled so if anyone was thinkin of goin this weekend ...forget it.

just don't think a snorkel would fit the horse and certainly didn't wanna play a new game of water polo by horse
        More importantly, the Worcs beer fest is cancelled

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
          Well just think how dangerous motorbikes can be in the wrong hands, give it wheels which are the wrong shape, and a (tiny and stupid) brain of its own and you have a recipe for disaster.
          Actually yeah more people are killed on horses than Motorbikes - but they certainly aint stupid, an they can be loadsa fun (when ya get hold of the buggers) Don't knock it till ya tried it

Or did ya mean the person ridin' the hoss?
          Last edited by Bibs; 29 July 2007, 18:52. Reason: Missed a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
            More importantly, the Worcs beer fest is cancelled
            O M G Well that's it then.....

Comment

as your saying about motorbikes and horses my mother was thrown from her horse a few years back because of idiotic motorbike riders.The worst part of it was that the riders were racing up and down the road past my mother who was laying unconscious in the road and if it wasn't for someone spotting the horse with no rider and went looking for mother.This all happened on a country road which is normally quite busy with traffic and it was by pure luck that no motors came along or mother would of ended up under them.She was ok in the end but more shaken up than anything when she came round
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                as your saying about motorbikes and horses my mother was thrown from her horse a few years back because of idiotic motorbike riders.The worst part of it was that the riders were racing up and down the road past my mother who was laying unconscious in the road and if it wasn't for someone spotting the horse with no rider and went looking for mother.This all happened on a country road which is normally quite busy with traffic and it was by pure luck that no motors came along or mother would of ended up under them.She was ok in the end but more shaken up than anything when she came round
                Some people eh - d'ya know the worst ones are bl0ody women drivers - all the boyracers by us slow down and turn music off - women drivers just carry on like we aint there. Glad she was ok. I think it's down to ignorence more than anythin'. Mine will pass the biggest noisiest farm machiney, bikes, buses, wagons, an people shootin' but people passin don't realise that big scarey killer dragons are in the hedgerows an pounce out disguised at birds or a leaf..an bumf we are in the middle of the road b4 ya can blink.

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs
                  Some people eh - d'ya know the worst ones are bl0ody women drivers - all the boyracers by us slow down and turn music off - women drivers just carry on like we aint there. Glad she was ok. I think it's down to ignorence more than anythin'. Mine will pass the biggest noisiest farm machiney, bikes, buses, wagons, an people shootin' but people passin don't realise that big scarey killer dragons are in the hedgerows an pounce out disguised at birds or a leaf..an bumf we are in the middle of the road b4 ya can blink.
                  sounds about right! most of the boy racers are pretty good round us. most motorbikes are quite aware as are the big lorry drivers. i find the worst ones are mothers with their bratty kids in the back - they're always in so much of a rush and never even slow down a bit. likewise those on their mobile phones My horse wouldn't bat an eyelid at a tractor or a 30 tonne lorry, but there are some scary looking leaves and branches around that'll make him spin 180 degrees and head for home pretty sharpish and people dont seem to realise that horses can do that and if they choose to do it in front of them and put a foot through their windscreen then they wouldn't look too pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki
                    sounds about right! most of the boy racers are pretty good round us. most motorbikes are quite aware as are the big lorry drivers. i find the worst ones are mothers with their bratty kids in the back - they're always in so much of a rush and never even slow down a bit. likewise those on their mobile phones My horse wouldn't bat an eyelid at a tractor or a 30 tonne lorry, but there are some scary looking leaves and branches around that'll make him spin 180 degrees and head for home pretty sharpish and people dont seem to realise that horses can do that and if they choose to do it in front of them and put a foot through their windscreen then they wouldn't look too pretty.
                    Will be a big mule that can put a foot through MY windscreen

I always slow down for horses, cyclists, people walking on the road etc.

Why dont all these people do me the same honour and stop dissing the 4x4s and their owners?

Comment

I give horses a great deal of respect ...........A pity some of them cannot do the same .
                      Whilst going down a soild byway 18 months ago some riders were going the otherway .........i pulled over and slid off the hard stuff into a ditch , they rode by laughing and dissapeared . It cost me a tractor tow from a farmer .
                      I know that they are not all like that but it didn't help the 4x4 / horsey relations
                      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

I will always slow down for horses, if the road is narrow i will pull in as tight as i can and switch off my engine. Always turn the stereo off too and don't restart the car until they are well clear behind me, i've had allsorts though, car behind me tooted and gave us a load of verbal coz i stopped once - the road was only just wide enough for me and i was in the bushes makin room for the horse to pass on the road, quite sensibly the rider stopped and waited for the car behind to calm down before passing. When i was driving buses i would pull over and almost always kill the engine, and the number of times a vehicle would overtake or a passenger would ask why i had stopped was unbelievable.
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                          I give horses a great deal of respect ...........A pity some of them cannot do the same .
                          Whilst going down a soild byway 18 months ago some riders were going the otherway .........i pulled over and slid off the hard stuff into a ditch , they rode by laughing and dissapeared . It cost me a tractor tow from a farmer .
                          I know that they are not all like that but it didn't help the 4x4 / horsey relations
                          they are the same types that will gallop past me while i'm out hacking along quietly in walk and send my horse bananas or ride 3 abreast down the road talking on their mobile phones and never wave to say thanks. there are also plenty of 4x4 owners who dont give a damn about horses (mainly mummy's with their kids in the back, but plenty of men in suits too) - there'll always be t****rs in every group of people.

Comment

Whats up you lot got nothing to NAG about
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                              Whats up you lot got nothing to NAG about
                              Ha ha - plenty - just not bout the nags.

Update - Mine is havin a issues at mo so gonna let him chill in the field. (is that better)

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs
                                Ha ha - plenty - just not bout the nags.

Update - Mine is havin a issues at mo so gonna let him chill in the field. (is that better)
                                are you on about the horse or the hubby
                                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                                X