Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marky
    Smart thinking that Phil. i wish we got one with an end bedroom now LOL
    Onboard 10 gallon watertank as well. never tried the shower as didnt want to run out of water. 10 Gal onboard + 45 litres in waterhog container
    The CL we stayed on didn't have a shower or WC, so the cassette toilet got emptied three times a week and the Aqua Roll filled three times a day. I was busy with the waste water too. We both used the shower every day and got it down to a fine art. By the end of the first week we could both shower and still have some water left in the Aqua Roll. Lesley took a little longer because she has to run around to get wet!
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

you cant beat 2 in a shower phil LOL
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Well i have got the new van home. what a bugger the twin axles are when you are trying to man handle it up the drive, im absolutely knackered .
        (\__/)
        (")_(")

Comment

Well i have got the new van home. what a bugger the twin axles are when you are trying to man handle it up the drive, im absolutely knackered .
          hand in the bottomless money pit for a Carver then.
          Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Keep it in storage. Loads of room to manouver (Well sort of). Why manhandle when you have a Surf? Do you do as my neighbour does and insist that the draw bar is facing the house? (He reckons its less likely that anyone would try nicking it).
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

PHIL i had to bring it home to show the neighbours a nosey cow across the road thinks i won the lottery so its good to see her face when i get something new LOL. The caravan is normally in storage but ive got to put all my gear in it & get it homely again. i always reverse into the drive but TRACY doesnt like directing me for some reason. maybe its because ive not got XRAY vision LOL
              GEOFF not getting a mover as a twin axle would burn the motor out i reckon.

caravan specs:
              Spectrum In production 1999. Abbey Spectrum 418
              4Berths
              MIRO1247 KG
              KG Payload 273 KG
              KG MTPLM 1520KG
              Internal Length 5.85 Metres
              Shipping Length 7.40 Metres
              Awning size 1005 cm's
              Layout code M
              Last edited by marky; 23 June 2004, 15:36.
              (\__/)
              (")_(")

Comment

[QUOTE=marky]GEOFF not getting a mover as a twin axle would burn the motor out i reckon.

No mate I have used one at the caravan show. Helped me grandad fit one to aunties van. I used my front reciver bar to park my van 3 weeks ago and it went in place first go so I pulled it out and had another go. lol lol.

Going to Mersey Island this weekend to blow the cobwebs out of the old girl.
                Might even take the van.

Geoff.
                Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

I had to laugh last night bringing the van home-Dual carriageway left hand lane The Cheshire Show was on left hand lane cheshir show only, i couldnt change lane as it was too late so we went off road in some fields they where using as a car park. wow the single axle would have been junping round all over the place but the twin axle beast took it in her stride to the amusement of the local constabulary. The surf grin came out as i breezed passed them through the mud
                  (\__/)
                  (")_(")

Comment

I had to laugh last night bringing the van home-Dual carriageway left hand lane The Cheshire Show was on left hand lane cheshir show only, i couldnt change lane as it was too late so we went off road in some fields they where using as a car park. wow the single axle would have been junping round all over the place but the twin axle beast took it in her stride to the amusement of the local constabulary. The surf grin came out as i breezed passed them through the mud
                    It's got four wheels but you didn't have to offroad it. Have you checked the fog lamp? LOL
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

• My foglight is in the shed im on my 3rd one so ive not replaced it yet.
                      My 8 wheeler is fine offroad LOL
                      (\__/)
                      (")_(")

Comment

• Hi All
                        Wondering if anyone can give us some advice please? Have read this entire forum but still not sure so I will go ahead and ask all you kind people. We have a 96 SSRG with the spare wheel on the back with a stainless wheel cover. We want to be able to tow caravans and trailers but we are finding it difficult to get the correct info about tow bars etc. All advice appreciated BIG TIME !!
                        D & C

Comment

• What is it you want to know ????
                          (\__/)
                          (")_(")

Comment

• Specific make, supplier etc. to ensure that it is at the correct hight for towing caravans and trailers. Universal couplings, adjustable height? Are these things possible/necessary, and all for a price less than I paid for my Surf!!!!

Comment

• i'll ask fish as he got one cheap mate
                              (\__/)
                              (")_(")

Comment

• Originally posted by skipkoo
                                Specific make, supplier etc. to ensure that it is at the correct hight for towing caravans and trailers. Universal couplings, adjustable height? Are these things possible/necessary, and all for a price less than I paid for my Surf!!!!
                                ive put a post up in parts wanted some 3rd gen owner will reply with info mate
                                (\__/)
                                (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                                X