No announcement yet.

Surf Towing & Caravan Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im off to visit my new purchase on sunday so i'll get some pics. its a penthouse on wheels. i bring it home on tuesday yipee
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

New Home

Ok been to see the new caravan today & i took some pics, i cant wait to pick it up on tuesday.
      Attached Files
      (\__/)
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
        Ok been to see the new caravan today & i took some pics, i cant wait to pick it up on tuesday.
        Nice van Marky. How the other half live! I'd be interested in in how long the whole outfit is. I reckon ours is getting on for 35Ft.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

I'll measure it on tuesday Phil. its even got PLAYSTATION connectors wired in. My lad will be sooooo excited
          (\__/)
          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
            I'll measure it on tuesday Phil. its even got PLAYSTATION connectors wired in. My lad will be sooooo excited
            We deliberately got a two berth. If the Grandchildren come with us they are going in the awning with the dog .
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
              We deliberately got a two berth. If the Grandchildren come with us they are going in the awning with the dog .
              Smart thinking that Phil. i wish we got one with an end bedroom now LOL
              Onboard 10 gallon watertank as well. never tried the shower as didnt want to run out of water. 10 Gal onboard + 45 litres in waterhog container
              (\__/)
              (")_(")

Comment

We got a fixed bed last year. It's so easy at bedtime....just climb into bed, no cushion jigsaws to solve, no turning cushions to get rid of the kneeroles. And the mattress is so comfortable. OK, we lose out in the washroom stakes but we tend always to use commercial or CC sites so that's not an issue for us. And we've got a caravan mover fitted. Makes getting the van out of the garden no trouble at all.
                Mike G

Comment

who needs a motor mover when youve got a SURF LOL
                  (\__/)
                  (")_(")

Comment

Just found you

Have just found this not so gloomy place down in the basement. It was interesting reading all of the old posts and looking at the nice outfits. If I can work out how to do it will post a couple of pics of our outfit - Surf towing a very rare Vanmaster Accolade twin axle. The MPGW is 1800KG but I tow it at about 1500KG.

Perhaps its most novel feature is the computerised self levelling system. We get interested looks as we arrive on site, open the door, turn a key and stand back as the legs come down and juggle themselves about until the van is level.

This year we had a Powerwheel motor mover fitted as sit was rather difficult getting it in and out of our new storage site. Would certainly recommend these and they seem to have the edge on the Truma due to having a soft start mechanism and a 5 yr guarantee.

We have only stayed at one commercial site in this country and usually stay at CL's. We always used to move the van with the car as 1500KG is too much to push and CL's always have plenty of space so accuracy when parking is not an issue. We lived on the continent for many years and there you could end up packed so close together that you could hardly open your windows!

Keithj
                    Attached Files

Comment

nice pics Keith a lot of UK manufacturers are looking at the self levelling system at the moment what a great idea. I hate turning that handle so i use my cordless drill & socket its a breeze
                      (\__/)
                      (")_(")

Comment

Fat men in shorts

Perhaps the basement is the best place for this...proof that men of a certain age and shape should not wear shorts
                        Tailgate makes a good bar shelf..will try to point the camera towards the caravan next time. Oh yes...its an Abbey Vogue 416..1997 model. Photos taken at Morton Hall nr Edinburgh
                        Attached Files
                        [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Rog
                        MM0FWG[/COLOR]

Comment

Nice legs ROG LOL
                          (\__/)
                          (")_(")

Comment

SURF HOLIDAY at HAYLE near st ives Aug 7th - 21st.

http://www.stivesbay.co.uk/ is where i will be GO-KARTING is planned at st erths Flambards is a good day out DENRE & THE DUKE live nearby so it should be fun
                            (\__/)
                            (")_(")

Comment

Its cold down here. Put a nother shilling in the meter Marky the gas has run out.
                              Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

My quilt beckons as ive got an early start. so i can finish early to collect the new home. heres 50p that should last a while night night
                                (\__/)
                                (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                                X