No announcement yet.

Surf Towing & Caravan Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iam thinking of fitting a fiamma bike rack to the rear of the caravan,just wondered if anybody has fitted one or seen one fitted ,rear mounting one on the surf seems out of the question due to lack of room between the caravan and truck.i have to back the caravan in at nearly 90 deg to get it in to the place i store it, and that means little room on the rear, taking them of each time will just be a pain

Comment

• Originally posted by mud-ge
      iam thinking of fitting a fiamma bike rack to the rear of the caravan,just wondered if anybody has fitted one or seen one fitted ,rear mounting one on the surf seems out of the question due to lack of room between the caravan and truck.i have to back the caravan in at nearly 90 deg to get it in to the place i store it, and that means little room on the rear, taking them of each time will just be a pain
      Would it not be easier just to put your bikes inside your van while your travelling!
      [COLOR=Red]THE RIBBLE REBEL[/COLOR]

Comment

• she will kill me if i put them in side ,out side belongs to me inside belongs to her,also its mint in side so probably not a good idea

Comment

• I guess it would be a big job which would be very costly.
          Cant you get a roof mounted bike rack for the SURF.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

• bike rack

Originally posted by mud-ge
            iam thinking of fitting a fiamma bike rack to the rear of the caravan,just wondered if anybody has fitted one or seen one fitted ,rear mounting one on the surf seems out of the question due to lack of room between the caravan and truck.i have to back the caravan in at nearly 90 deg to get it in to the place i store it, and that means little room on the rear, taking them of each time will just be a pain
            My understanding is that this is a definite no no both on the grounds of balance and the structure of a caravan. The extra weight right at the back wioll cause a pendulum effect and amplify any movement and instability. The construction of a caravan is basically stud walling with very light timbers and a piece of polysyrene between hardboard and a plastic moulding. Nothing with the strength to support a bike rack and bikes. The caravan club suggests the car roof or back door but you seem to have ruled out the back door so I would go for the car roof.

Keith

Comment

• cheers guys just a thought ,just because towsure sells them dont mean they are any good looks like its the roof then

Comment

• anyone going away this easter, were going to Thornwick bay Flamborough first time out this year and first time there, if you are have a good weekend
                if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

• brrrrrrrrrr it will be cold
                  (\__/)
                  (")_(")

Comment

• come on marky the weathers gunna change this month spring is upon us, we have blow air heating and a fan heater anyway, cant wait for our first trip, and then april then june the all august sep and oct wooooooo hooooooo
                    if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

• Yep I'm up to Scotland end of the month, but mine is not a caravan, but part canvas. Upgraded last November to a model with all mod cons, it's just a shame we haven't had a chance to put it up since buying it, so I'm not telling where in Scotland just in case anyone is around with a camera to see my attempts of fitting the awning (think I might do it after dark).
                      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

• Ok so the weather is going to be warmer im just jealous thats all.
                        Dont put your awning up in the DARK as you will awake to everyone else laughing as its inside out or upside down
                        (\__/)
                        (")_(")

Comment

• yep iam away at easter as well going to wareham dorset .i ve booked the good weather for the four days so lets enjoy lol.

Comment

• York 18th April is for me a nice adults only site (kids have flown) chill out and do a bit of fishin on site
                            [COLOR=Red]THE RIBBLE REBEL[/COLOR]

Comment

• Trying to build enough courage to brave the cold and fit the towbar, given it a nice shiney coat of hammerite and bought all the leccy bits but the weather forecast for the weekend is to go colder again. Looks like I'm going to have to dig out the old long johns.
                              [U]Cheers Ian[/U]

Comment

• You haven't seen the diagram for the poles, it looks like something from the Krypton factor. The trailer is easy 20 mins and it's up and running, so why did they have to go so technical on the awning? (I'll probably now find it's a piece of cake, but the diagram has me confussed).
                                Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Working...
                                X