Ren-Clio car keys!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ren-Clio car keys!!!!!!!!

My daughter went to get a car key cut, she was told that they couldn`t cut it because it as a chip in it. Now this is a P-reg 96/7 1.2 clio. The key that she has is a standard original key and does not have a fob on it that controls central locking.
    A main renault dealership was recommended at a cost of around 80quid!
    Well if i bought 5 keys, they would be worth more than the car
    Does anyone have any ideas or knows a locksmith that could cut a key??
    I know she will lose the one she has!!

i quick cheap fix is to get a key cut then with the old key cut the plastic end off the key and then super glue the plastic bit(which holds a transducer in it) to the top of the new key.
    john
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

I agree with John. We have a Clio (01 plate) with the remote key fob. The actual key part you can get at any key cutting shop, such as Mr Minit. With ours, the key part just pulls out of the remote part(with the help from some pliers)

Comment

Originally posted by M4r5hy
        My daughter went to get a car key cut, she was told that they couldn`t cut it because it as a chip in it. Now this is a P-reg 96/7 1.2 clio. The key that she has is a standard original key and does not have a fob on it that controls central locking.
        A main renault dealership was recommended at a cost of around 80quid!
        Well if i bought 5 keys, they would be worth more than the car
        Does anyone have any ideas or knows a locksmith that could cut a key??
        I know she will lose the one she has!!
        From the autodata 2005 book (have a loan of one at the mo) there are several keys for this year, most require special equipment to code them, however one type appears to be doable yourself, this one has an eight digit code on a sticker located inside the original key housing, these you can code yourself, procedure as follows;
        • Ensure ignition stitched off
        • Press vehicle central door locking button for more than 5 seconds (NOTE: doors should then unlock)
        • Carry out the following within 10-15 seconds:
        • Press first key lock/unlock button twice (once on some models)
        • Press second key lock/unlock button twice (once on some models) (NOTE: doors will lock or unlock)
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

This is interesting?!?!

My sister has a p reg clio too. She also has been told that the key must be cut by renault. HOWEVER, This is what confuses me..........

I have a new kango van.. it has the same shape key as my sisters but with the remote locking and imob built in,

My sister does not have c/l nor remote locking and has a imob though she has a separate key for.

SO my feelings are that you should be able to get a normal key cut as it doesn't have the imob transmitter built in.

Good luck..... please let me know how it goes.................

regards

sparky

Comment

My other half had an R reg Clio (1998) and she went into Barnsley and had one cut and chip programmed at one of the all purpose shops, key, shoes, trophys etc., it cost less than £20 about 2 years ago.
            This was just for immobiliser, no central locking.
            Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Working...
            X