Pops

Originally posted by popbriscoe
    hey keith have you drawn the blueprints for your proposed rad. mod
    yet?
    do you want to share it with us ?
    as i for one fancy doing that too.

I'M ALL
    Blueprints ? ? good god man we never use them, will show you on sunday
    You might want to bring a digicam to take pics of any part of interest.
    Especially the fan that will be on the back
    Keith
    I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Originally posted by hormygollop
      Blueprints ? ? good god man we never use them, will show you on sunday
      You might want to bring a digicam to take pics of any part of interest.
      Especially the fan that will be on the back
      Keith
      JUST CALL ME DAVID BAILEY
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

Hi Martin
        Jotto and my good self are also mid Suzi build . We are ditching the fixed fan from the engine as all this does is throw muddy water over the engine , see Keith's engine pics . I have aquired a rad with electric cooling fan from a Mazda , but any similar car would donate a suitable rad and fan . As for the cooling fan switch , I will drill a hole in the top of the rad near the top hose then solder a nut onto the rad and screw in a donor switch . A relay and supply from battery and job done . Sounds simlpe , but proberbly take best part of a day to make up mounts for rad and fit all up etc .
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
          Hi Martin
          Jotto and my good self are also mid Suzi build . We are ditching the fixed fan from the engine as all this does is throw muddy water over the engine , see Keith's engine pics . I have aquired a rad with electric cooling fan from a Mazda , but any similar car would donate a suitable rad and fan . As for the cooling fan switch , I will drill a hole in the top of the rad near the top hose then solder a nut onto the rad and screw in a donor switch . A relay and supply from battery and job done . Sounds simlpe , but proberbly take best part of a day to make up mounts for rad and fit all up etc .
          Better perhaps to put the fan through a dashboard switch, and just switch off to go in water. Otherwise your fan could still run in the splosh. We will run the fan all the time on the rear, and just let the thermostat regulate the block temp

Keith
          I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Better perhaps to put the fan through a dashboard switch, and just switch off to go in water. Otherwise your fan could still run in the splosh. We will run the fan all the time on the rear, and just let the thermostat regulate the block temp

Keith
            i can see we going to all have a good natter over the tea/soup and cakes on sunday CANT WAIT
            Pops

Comment

Keith
              The Fan
              Should also give another 10lbs of thrust

Comment

The Fan
                Should also give another 10lbs of thrust
                Does this mean you will be using it like a propellor. you should get about 30 knotts out of it then.

Dont forget you will need Nav lights, I think you should get away with an All Round White light as you would be under 14ft in length.

Paul
                DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
                  Does this mean you will be using it like a propellor. you should get about 30 knotts out of it then.

Dont forget you will need Nav lights, I think you should get away with an All Round White light as you would be under 14ft in length.

Paul
                  best fit 2 too be on safe side incase something faster trys to get by
                  Pops

Comment

I don't know about fitting lights , more like lifejackets required the depth of mud and water Keith and Alan 'launch' themselves into
                    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                      I don't know about fitting lights , more like lifejackets required the depth of mud and water Keith and Alan 'launch' themselves into
                      maybe some breathing apparatus too
                      Pops

Comment

Working...
                      X