No announcement yet.

Sci fi NERDS THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VERDICT: it's ok by itself but to compare it would be a waste of time as it's not even in the same league.

Spacey vs Hackman. Spacey's L.L is darker and more evil as opposed to Hackman's character which you kind of felt sorry for (well i did anyway). As good as Spacey is in the film (probably only bit of nomination worthy acting in the film) Hackmans L.L is miles better and more full of life and enthusiasm.

Reeve vs whoever....no contest this new guy is pants. his C.K was nowhere near clumsy enough and but for the effects his Superman has nothing convincing about it. Wooden and not up to the role...there's only one Superman.

New Lois isn't half as annoying as the old one and 4 times hotter too, for me the only against the original films.

WHERE'S THE OTHER BAD GUYS???? there's a few and they're nothing short of sh1te.

Daily Planet office was nowhere near as hectic, chaotically busy or noisy as it should have been and Perry doesn't shout enough.

Jimmy's still a dick and thats it.

it was ok but not a patch on the old stuff, i can't see a long run for this comeback.

BTW the twist that's there is so transparent that you yawn when it finally 'reveals itself'
    Last edited by logey79; 15 July 2006, 14:33.
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

• I think you hit the nail on the head there Logey, also it seemed a bit strange that the major action sequence that you see in all the trailers actually happens 25 mins into the movie, apart from that it all seemed a bit lame and nothing else spectacular happened.

Nevermind , the original is on tomorrow on channel 5 .

Andy.

Comment

• yeah the first is deffo the best action scene and very well done with the effects. the final so called big action scene is naff. all fx and no substance throughout, still good for a night's entertainment but not worthy of the Superman film brand.

Comment

• Does any one know about another judge dread movie being done
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodzie
            Does any one know about another judge dread movie being done
            No , not heard anything about that. Sounds interesting tho , I liked the first one a lot.
            We did see the trailer for Spiderman 3 the other day , looks superb !

Andy.

Comment

• Its possable that I am wrong ... but i am sure they were talking about it on tv this wk It would be good if they did another one
              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

• Does anyone know whats in production at the mo ...are we in for any more filmsin the near future
                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Does anyone know whats in production at the mo ...are we in for any more filmsin the near future
                  X-MEN will have another sequel, but may take 4 years yet as many of the stars have received huge amounts of offers due to the exposure they received during the previous films.

my mate (a real geek) reckons that these estimations are well out and that many cast members are already on board with pay almost as big as ego's and he's heard it will be out in 2years..

according to whatever sites he's on, Halle Berry 1st to sign. P.Stewart, Jackman and that bitch who was blue (and will be blue again apparently) have recently agreed.

but to be honest, i don't care because they're not that brilliant.

i just wish i could go back in time and relive the anticipation of star wars episode 1 again....that was an excellent wait. far better than the film though!

Comment

• There has to be more than that .....B***er going to have to buy a sci-fi mag
                    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

There has to be more than that .....B***er going to have to buy a sci-fi mag
                      nerd alert alarms will be heard for miles around!

Comment

• Originally posted by logey79
                        nerd alert alarms will be heard for miles around!
                        Can't do it now you have broardcasted it
                        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

• so what is in the pipeline then? heard anymore about the red dwarf flick? see craig charles still in corrie, which in a way is a shame, i thought he'd been sacked for drug use.

Comment

• If you got a few quid in your pocket, there's always

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/5238060.stm

Live long & prosper!!
                            Got an itch, might need to scratch it soon.

Comment

• Another Batman movie.....http://www.sfx.co.uk/news/the_dark_knight_is_go
                              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

• Originally posted by logey79
                                NOT for much longer!!!!! pics of the drugs in the back of a car looks like he'll be chopped from the show now, so maybe the film won't be too long now...fingers crossed!!
                                Just been arested today
                                http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4783157.stm
                                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Working...
                                X