Sci fi NERDS THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by logey79
    my 1st thought was a shot of the bacteria from war of the worlds, it's not that though is it?
    No they are spaceships
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

• they are the shadow wossnames oft babylon 5 arent they? (ok at the start, but turned into falcon crest in space..)
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

• and the blue thing is the sphere from er.. sphere..
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillitt
          and the blue thing is the sphere from er.. sphere..
          nope!
          i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillitt
            they are the shadow wossnames oft babylon 5 arent they? (ok at the start, but turned into falcon crest in space..)
            YES bab 5 ....No not Shadows
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

• Superman Returns

Superman Returns is out soon (14/07) and who else can't wait to be disappointed?!?!

Then again, if its as good as the last star wars outings i'll be fairly pleased (even though they were no match for episodes IV, V and VI).

so here's a Q for you....when a remake or sequel/prequel comes along, are they generally not as good as the earlier movies because of nostalgia from watching as a kid for the first time, or do you think its because the modern computer graphics are so realistic that it makes the films somehow more difficult to really get into as the fantasy aspect is all on screen, therefore leaving nothing to our own curious imaginations?

the second part of that Q is my take on the subject, rather akin to CD's vs vinyl.
              rock and metal has more atmosphere on vinyl, yes?

Comment

• Superman teaser
                http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...cience_fiction
                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

• Brandon Routh has got possibly one of the toughest acting roles ever though - i honestly can't see him comparing to the late great Mr. Reeve.

I know there's been all the Bond's and Dr.Who's etc but this is slightly different. the other interesting one (and this will be close me thinks) Hackman vs Spacey. impressive as Spacey always is, can he really outshine Hackman...i won't be holding my breath.

Comment

• If the right people have done it...

Batman movies... 1st one the only one they made (Michael Keaton - very dark)

Rest of the sequels - pants...

Batman Returns... even darker than the first and closer to the comics. My personal favourite...

I hope that Superman Returns is in the same vein... the first trailer thats been on the tube has been good.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyLala
                      If the right people have done it...

Batman movies... 1st one the only one they made (Michael Keaton - very dark)

Rest of the sequels - pants...

Batman Returns... even darker than the first and closer to the comics. My personal favourite...

I hope that Superman Returns is in the same vein... the first trailer thats been on the tube has been good.
                      you're definately right about the Batman Returns, there was something truly dark and gothic about it's production, they didn't rely so much on computer fx and the result was excellent. personally i think that he was the only sensible choice for the role compared to the previous caped crusaders. have you seen the machinist or equilibrium? he's a very talented actor and i'm really looking forward to batman begins.

American Psycho - can;t think what else he's been in but thats the ones that stand out to me.

Comment

• Oh, and LPs every time... on a decent turntable... the algorithms on digital sampling just can't capture the detail and complexity at each ond of the audible, barely audible and no-audible sound spectrum... and lose out completely on the physically sensed end of the spectrum. That and the 50hz mains hum... always sounds right...

I have heard a few rather bizzare cd setups that came close, but still weren't quite right...

Comment

• With regards to sequels,
                          I always thought Aliens was much better than Alien, all the others were a bit pants. And obviously Empire strikes back was better than Star wars and 50 times better than any of the prequels(but that may be down to nostalga). But the general view is that 80% of sequels are not a shadow on the original film.

Andy.

Comment

• Alien vs Predator... sort of....

Comment

• exceptions do prove the rule as they say...

... T1 very good
                              ... T2 possibly one the best of all time?
                              ... T3 WTF happened?

on a slight tangent (i say slight, i mean completely off this subject).

I don't know if this has ever been mentioned anywhere on the forum before but has anyone seen Silent Hill. I thought the film was good, a nice gory hellraiser style ending, but then found sites about Centralia PA, USA. eerie, and somewhere on my to visit list nowadays! (i know, i know, i'm a weirdo!)

http://keyword.netscape.com/ns/boomf...centralia.html

(sorry about size of link, i don't know why this happens to me!)

Comment

• that is weird, but fascinating

Comment

Working...
                                X