Rained Off - Nearly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rained Off - Nearly.

The weather forecast was for showers all day, so I resigned myself to getting my hair cut, a bit of shopping and a few odd jobs in the house.
    I got a hair cut. Went to the s$$$$ yard, where I got a Metro choke cable, astra shocks, mini head lamps with halogen bulbs, a Diahatsu Charade heater matrix and oil on my good trainers (whoops).

I thought fitting the choke cable was going to be troublesome but I was surprised how easy it was. I used the old electricians trick and pushed a piece of stiff wire though the spare grommet in the bulkhead, nearest to the drivers side. I was pleasantly surprised to see it had come out of the ash tray hole. I then taped the end of the choke cable to the wire and drew it through into the engine bay. I removed the fog light switch from the dash, enlarged the hole and filed a couple of flats on the sides of the hole. I screwed the choke knob assembly into place.

Back at the engine bay I had about 2ft too much cable. I cut off the excess with a pair of side cutters and cut a nick in the curly outer cable with a hacksaw. I unwound the outer, using two pairs of pliars and when I got to where I had cut the nick it snapped off. De-burred the metal and made a loop in the end of the cable. I then put a tiny key ring onto the loop and threaded it through the hole in the choke linkage on the SU. It works a treat, so no more stuffing rags in the air intake to start up!

I also smoothed off the extra coat of filler I put above the arches with wet or dry and just kept driving it outside the garage for a rinse in the rain.
    I even managed to re-tune the carb to compensate for the K&N going back on. Not bad for a rainy afternoons work.
    It's only a hobby!

good effort! I was going to fit the Surfs new pads last night they are grinding again but then the thunder came! will have to wait until monday now
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I forgot to mention that I changed the engine oil as well.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
      X