bunny's lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bunny's lift

Da basement bird wants me to do a axel over conversion,the thing is do I need to be carful of over extending the propshaft or will the angle be ok.
    I would do the usual sping lift but she says the extended hangers will dig in the mud and spoil her exit and entry angles,(better watch that woman she is getting too dam technical for me).
    If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Originally posted by sumo
    Da basement bird wants me to do a axel over conversion,the thing is do I need to be carful of over extending the propshaft or will the angle be ok.
    I would do the usual sping lift but she says the extended hangers will dig in the mud and spoil her exit and entry angles,(better watch that woman she is getting too dam technical for me).
    Rick
    I understand from talking to other people who have done the LOA that you need a 1/4" spacer on the front prop , not sure about rear . You can buy these spacers but they are well over priced for wot they are . You can use an old prop and grind off the yokes to form the spacer but that is a bit wasteful . If you mark the props with a turn of masking tape before you do the job and refit the props after it will show how much the props have extended .
    If you know someone who do machining it may not be to hard to have some turned .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

You need to angle the rear axle slightly to keep the prop lined up. Don't forget to extend the brake hoses. Another way of lifting is to use Bedford Rascal/Suzuki Carry Van springs on the back and move the rear springs to the front. This gives approx +2".
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
      X