Harnesses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harnesses

i bought a brand new set of 2, Sparco 3 point harnesses for £40... is that a good price?
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Originally posted by da SLUG man
    i bought a brand new set of 2, Sparco 3 point harnesses for £40... is that a good price?
    Bit late now, you've bought them!

Yeah, I need some, where'd you get them?
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      Bit late now, you've bought them!

Yeah, I need some, where'd you get them?
      friend of daves... he's got blue, red or black.
      i'll call him if you want a set... text me and i'll get some tomorrow.

Comment

Very cheap for Sparco , but they are only 3 point .
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Me would like a set too for the Zook. Please PM for payment details.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

i'll have to make enquiries... not sure how many he's got!...

i think tony's set are sorted though

Comment

Right, got some for tony, but that's all he had left!....

will pop round, um, tomorrow?... got them circlips i PM'd about??

Comment

Right, got some for tony, but that's all he had left!....

will pop round, um, tomorrow?... got them circlips i PM'd about??
                I've got circlips, dunno if they are the size you want.

I'll swop 1 for the belts?
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                  I've got circlips, dunno if they are the size you want.

I'll swop 1 for the belts?

Hey!!! Good deal darling!!!
                  Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Do you need to harnesses to run through the seat like a bucket seat or not?
                    We need to fit some belts to that funny buggy thing Im off to collect but not sure the best way to fit them (to seats/frame etc)
                    Tim
                    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                      Do you need to harnesses to run through the seat like a bucket seat or not?
                      We need to fit some belts to that funny buggy thing Im off to collect but not sure the best way to fit them (to seats/frame etc)
                      Always connrct the harnesses to the floor with plates underneath to spread the load . If you connect to the seat and have a hard crash the seat may come away and the harness with it . You then end up looking stupid (and hurt ) with a seat strapped to your ar$e .
                      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

the top strap(s) should run horizintally to a bracket on a roll cage if possible... not vertically down the back of the seat... otherwise when you crash, your shoulders get pushed downwards and crush your back!

try and get a bucket seat with the harness holes in it... like wot i got.

Comment

the top strap(s) should run horizintally to a bracket on a roll cage if possible... not vertically down the back of the seat... otherwise when you crash, your shoulders get pushed downwards and crush your back!

try and get a bucket seat with the harness holes in it... like wot i got.
                          im working on it...
                          for the time being thought we could weld in a horizontal bar behind and use normal seats?
                          Tim

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                            im working on it...
                            for the time being thought we could weld in a horizontal bar behind and use normal seats?
                            It is possible to do this if the seats have headrests, you can just run them underneath - however, it's not a good way to use harnesses as they can move around too much, opening you up to all sorts of neck, back and chest injuries.

The horizontal bar on cage method is much better then mounting to the floor, though I have had 2 cars with them mounted to the floor. If you do mount harnesses from the floor - as Rick says, always weld plates underneath and try to mount them far back from the seats so that they are not vertical up and then down.

Is the bar you are going to weld in part of a rollcage?

I'm in the process of trying to sort the 6 point harnesses for our 205 at the moment!
                            Last edited by Snoop; 2 October 2005, 18:25.
                            Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
                              It is possible to do this if the seats have headrests, you can just run them underneath - however, it's not a good way to use harnesses as they can move around too much, opening you up to all sorts of neck, back and chest injuries.

The horizontal bar on cage method is much better then mounting to the floor, though I have had 2 cars with them mounted to the floor. If you do mount harnesses from the floor - as Rick says, always weld plates underneath and try to mount them far back from the seats so that they are not vertical up and then down.

Is the bar you are going to weld in part of a rollcage?

I'm in the process of trying to sort the 6 point harnesses for our 205 at the moment!
                              Just got a couple of harnesses off del bay to see how we go, we will stick a bar on the back to take them. Wish I could have had a set from Matt it would have been loads cheaper!
                              Tim

Comment

Working...
                              X