yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decisions, Decisions.........................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decisions, Decisions.........................

I have been weighing up the pros and cons of whether to develop my Zook any further or whether to start afresh with a new project. A lot of time and effort went into it but if I was starting afresh I would do things differently.
    My brother is thinking of getting rid of his SJ413-VJX. It is a better platform for what I have in mind.There are a lot of useful parts on the 410 i.e. transfer box, which could be used to lower the gearing on the 413 to compensate for the 31/10.5/15 grizzlys,
    I don't have room for a Zook and trailer. I could use an A-frame but strictly speaking they are illegal. I have never heard of anyone being nicked for using one but the police may be pressured to act by the antis or cotton on that it is another good way of raising revenue. The answer is to go road legal I reckon.

Plus I will have the scope to fit a Vauxhall Carlton 2L 130 BHP lump in the future. Apparantly they are as cheap as chips, readily available and the parts are easy to obtain.

Have I talked myself into it?
    It's only a hobby!

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
    Have I talked myself into it?
    Yup, 2.0lt motor, Toyota axles, 33" tyres.

You know it makes sence...............

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      Yup, 2.0lt motor, Toyota axles, 33" tyres.

You know it makes sence...............

But then If I go for Toyota axles, t'fer box and diffs, I might as well stick with the rolling chassis from the SJ410. There are that many mods to do to a 413 chassis that the small differences won't matter................oh no .

It's gonna end up looking like this
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Koi; 15 March 2005, 21:17.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

we got the little zuki and ours is a 413 vjx jobbie from a Zuki dealers! he took it in part ex from someone who drove round in 2wd for 15 odd years so transfer box was seized up (still got it if anyone needs it?) We stuffed in the 410 box of the old motor and it goes like stink! admittedly were on small tyres but its unstoppable with the lower box on

We still need a 413 starter... anyone got one yet?
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
          But then If I go for Toyota axles, t'fer box and diffs, I might as well stick with the rolling chassis from the SJ410. There are that many mods to do to a 413 chassis that the small differences won't matter................oh no .

It's gonna end up looking like this

do it you know you want to
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
            we got the little zuki and ours is a 413 vjx jobbie from a Zuki dealers! he took it in part ex from someone who drove round in 2wd for 15 odd years so transfer box was seized up (still got it if anyone needs it?) We stuffed in the 410 box of the old motor and it goes like stink! admittedly were on small tyres but its unstoppable with the lower box on

We still need a 413 starter... anyone got one yet?
            I've got a couple of starters Tim which I've yet to try in one of my zukes as it is starter less. If they are ok then your'e welcome to one. I dont know if they work as I got them in a job lot and one of them is possibly for a 410. I'll let you know.

Comment

Working...
            X