just got my sj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just got my sj

here are a few pics of the sj they aint very good but will get some better 1s soon
    Last edited by stormforce; 12 October 2008, 21:27.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Cool, needs to lose a little more body work though!!!!

Muddy pics required now.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

i was thinking of taking the roof off from behind the front seats and turning it into a pickup and then putting the radiator into the back and possibly cut out the wheel arches

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
        i was thinking of taking the roof off from behind the front seats and turning it into a pickup and then putting the radiator into the back and possibly cut out the wheel arches

thats the way to do it
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

will be taking it out on the 27th with the cornwall leaf & coil club 50 acres of woodland and doing an orienteering but without any maps,half the course is for winch use so it should be fun and dirty

Comment

My advice would be don't follow the line of the rear window if you decide to take the back of the roof off. I did that to mine. I am only 5'6" and if I get the seat back far enough for the pedals to be right, the seat is bolt upright. Any midgets out there want an SJ?

Is that B&Q forest green? It's looking good.

Mines pharked and needs a new engine or a set of oversize pistons/rings. Ho hum, the joys of motorsport!
            Last edited by kitesurf_phil; 14 March 2005, 21:36.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

it's B&Q bottle green it's certainly better than the lime green that it was uuuurrrrr it made me feel sick.I'm 6'3 so i need the seat right the way back.I only want to convert it like i said to put the rad in the back and put the fuel tank up out the way.Just hope it last a while for the cash i paid lol

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                My advice would be don't follow the line of the rear window if you decide to take the back of the roof off. I did that to mine. I am only 5'6" and if I get the seat back far enough for the pedals to be right, the seat is bolt upright. Any midgets out there want an SJ?

Is that B&Q forest green? It's looking good.

Mines pharked and needs a new engine or a set of oversize pistons/rings. Ho hum, the joys of motorsport!

Thats good advise from Phil. I've got one of mine converted to a 2 seater and the leg room is crap. I bought it like it already done, and would have it done differently if I was to do it.
                Attached Files

Comment

it's B&Q bottle green it's certainly better than the lime green that it was uuuurrrrr it made me feel sick.I'm 6'3 so i need the seat right the way back.I only want to convert it like i said to put the rad in the back and put the fuel tank up out the way.Just hope it last a while for the cash i paid lol
                  I saw an SJ van on one of the Suzi forums with the rad mounted just inside the tailgate and a grille in the tailgate for airflow. The tank was in the back too and there was a partition to stop the petrol fumes getting into the front.
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

i was just thinking what way to run the water pipe if the rad was fitted to the rear door as close to the hinge side as possible then the water pipe can then go thru a hole in the floor and run underneath the car right up out the waythen the fuel tank can be fitted to the inside of the car where the filler pipe is already so i then need to extend the filler pipe to run to where the filler cap is at the moment.i got some 3/4in ply so i can section off the boot area.would this be ok or any other comments will be taken in
                    thanks richard

Comment

i was just thinking what way to run the water pipe if the rad was fitted to the rear door as close to the hinge side as possible then the water pipe can then go thru a hole in the floor and run underneath the car right up out the waythen the fuel tank can be fitted to the inside of the car where the filler pipe is already so i then need to extend the filler pipe to run to where the filler cap is at the moment.i got some 3/4in ply so i can section off the boot area.would this be ok or any other comments will be taken in
                      thanks richard
                      That seems to be the way to go. The problem I have with the chassis cab is that I have nowhere for storage of rope, tools etc. My brother cut holes in the floor of his with a tank cutter. He made the holes slightly oversize and used some of that universal grommet stuff that electricians use on switch back boxes. I didn't have that problem. I have no floor I'm beginning to love my Zook again.
                      It's only a hobby!

Comment

thanks for that phil i've just got to sort out about the fan now

Comment

Working...
                        X