Caution - Towing Your Zook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caution - Towing Your Zook

I found this little snippet while surfing the net. I thought it might be of interest.

Suzuki SJ410, Estate 1982-1988, Santana Sport 1986 on, Rhio 1989 on,Style 1988 on and SuzukiSJ 413 Estate 1985 on.

Can be front suspend-towed or flat towed, with transmission in neutral, transfer box in 2H, manual hubs in free position and maximum speed of 30mph and maximum distance of 30 miles.
    Suzuki Vitara JLX/JLX
    SE1.6 1988on, manual

Can be front or rear suspend-towed or flat towed, with transmission in 2nd gear,transfer box in 2H, manual hubs in free position and maximum speed of 30mph and maximum distance of 50 miles.
    Suzuki Vitara JLX/JLX
    SE1.6 1988on, manual,automatic and/or no free wheel hubs.

Can be front suspend-towed or flat towed, with transmission in neutral, transfer box in 2H, auto free-wheel hubs released and maximum speed of 30mph and maximum distance of 50 miles.NOTE: If manual or auto free-wheel hubs cannot be released, recover by transporter only.

I suppose my A-Frame idea is out of the window. Unless I get some manual hubs. The above probably explains why my Zook is harder to push with both boxes in neutral than with the transfer box in 2H.
    I can't be arsed to get a trailer, I cant tow it behind my Surf, despite reducing the weight to 850Kg. It'll have to be a NCF Blitz kit then?
    It's only a hobby!

why cant you tow it on a trailer mate? Or is a case of you cant tow on your current trailer?
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
      why cant you tow it on a trailer mate? Or is a case of you cant tow on your current trailer?
      I don't have room to keep a trailer. I have two lock-up garages in a communal garage block. One for the Surf and the other for the Zook. My brother has a car transporter which, when he has extended the bed, will take two Suzukis. but he is getting rid of his due to lack of time to go off roading. BUMMER.
      I was going to fit an A-frame to the heavy duty front bumper and tow it, unbraked, to the pit. I suppose a dolly would be the answer.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Just unbolt the prop from the rear diff, tie it up out of the way and tow away.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Phil

The 413 van we got was used up 'the pit' by a local couple before we had it . They towed it there and back with NO probs and without free wheeling hubs .
          Just knock it in neutral on both boxes and tow the thing on a A frame . No way should you get any wind up as no two props are linked at any time as far as I can see .

Rick
          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
            Phil

The 413 van we got was used up 'the pit' by a local couple before we had it . They towed it there and back with NO probs and without free wheeling hubs .
            Just knock it in neutral on both boxes and tow the thing on a A frame . No way should you get any wind up as no two props are linked at any time as far as I can see .

Rick
            Sumo flat towed his from our house back home to Norfolk last year, and it still goes (I think! )
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              Sumo flat towed his from our house back home to Norfolk last year, and it still goes (I think! )
              Bugger! I've cut the steel I had for the A-frame to make sliders !!!!!!!!! Looks like I'll be nicking some more steel gate posts.............I mean going to the steel stockholder.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                Bugger! I've cut the steel I had for the A-frame to make sliders !!!!!!!!! Looks like I'll be nicking some more steel gate posts.............I mean going to the steel stockholder.
                reminds me of the old game of "drunken gate swapping".... when you're walking home from the pub, lift a gate off the post... walk to next house and swap the gates over... do it all the way up the road...

funniest thing ever when you've had a few!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

What about tying the door knockers of opposite houses with cotton accross a row of terrace houses, so when a car drives past, both door knockers 'knock' and you get the owners coming to see who it is and watch them both looking up and down the street. the funniest thing ever.......well, back in the seventies it was.

Comment

what about taking the parachute off a parachute flare and setting it off in one of the bins full of dog eggs?
                    ah just me then... sorry
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Heres another, we used to put 'dog eggs' in news paper parcels place them on someones doorstep, set them alight , bang on the door and watch the owners open the door, see the flames and stomp on them to put them out.......................what a mess.........but oh so funny!

Comment

Working...
                      X