Cooling Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling Question.

I fitted a rear mounted Nova radiator to my Zook because the original one was knackered by someone getting in too close with a pressure washer.
    The problem I have is that the Nova rad doesn't have a pressure cap and the Zooks pressure cap was on the rad. I thought that, by having the rad mounted high, I could get away without. The problem is that the engine gets up to temp, overflows the expansion tank and sucks air back into the system as it cools.
    There area couple of Mini rads on eBay, at a reasonable price, so do you think one of those will do?
    It's only a hobby!

Phil

I would go bigger then Mini . I got a Mazda 323 rad for our Zook to rear fit possibley one day . Rad cap on rad and wide and light weight also . You want a wide thin rad so you get as much airflow round it as you can , also Mazda 323 rad comes with electric fan attached so no messing trying to fit one to a Mini rad .
    Let me see what comes my way this week , may have a Fiesta rad for you but you will need an expansion bottle for it .

Rick
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Cheers Rick.

There are a couple of Transit rads on eBay but I know that when I was searching the scrapyard for bits the other day there were no rads with caps there. I have a Kenlow fan kicking around and the fan on the nova rad.
      Shame the Nova rad has plastic fittings otherwise I would silver solder the old Zook filler cap assembly to it.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

I have now fitted a rad from a Mitzi. I got it complete with expansion bottle, cap, hoses, fan and harness, for £15. I have rear mounted it. I'll see how it goes and maybe, if it doesn't run cool enough, connect the Nova rad in series.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

take the thermostat out

Comment

Originally posted by davie
            take the thermostat out
            Just the centre piece . You need the outer body to give a bit of back pressure or the water pump cavatates .

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
              Just the centre piece . You need the outer body to give a bit of back pressure or the water pump cavatates .

Rick
              My brothers water pump has gone due to not using a pressure cap. He says he might replace the pump and give the 413 one last outing before he sells it.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                My brothers water pump has gone due to not using a pressure cap. He says he might replace the pump and give the 413 one last outing before he sells it.
                Will it be there Sunday ?

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                  Will it be there Sunday ?

Rick
                  I doubt it. He has not had time to do the water pump. He only lives on the hill the other side of the Barton Cutting. Might you be interested in his Zook?
                  He says he will run mine down on the back of his lorry if I don't get the A-frame done. The weather is looking !!!!e for tomorrow.
                  Last edited by kitesurf_phil; 21 January 2005, 01:01.
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                  X