Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lpg Modification

Hi,
    Anybody out there who has had a 3.0 SSR G modified to Lpg? I am just about to buy my second Surf and was thinking of this option rather than deisel. I do a lot of motoring here and France and need cheap running costs. Can Lpg tank be fitted under rear? Any particular problems with engine management or performance?
    Phillipe.

RUSTY has a ZAVOLI type LPG system on his v6 4runner, Also Lee FATCAT has lpg on his v6 4runner
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by phillipe
      I do a lot of motoring here and France and need cheap running costs.
      Phillipe.
      Just a note, I have heard that you cannot go on the euro tunnel, with LPG fitted as its an explosive risk. Not sure how true it is though. Ok on the ferries though.
      I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Lpg

Originally posted by Danno
        Just a note, I have heard that you cannot go on the euro tunnel, with LPG fitted as its an explosive risk. Not sure how true it is though. Ok on the ferries though.
        No problem. I prefer the ferry, but thanks. I am pretty sure they let caravanners on though with the same sort of risk.
        Phillipe

Comment

Originally posted by marky
          RUSTY has a ZAVOLI type LPG system on his v6 4runner, Also Lee FATCAT has lpg on his v6 4runner
          Thanks Marky.
          I would be interested to find out what they think. I am being talked out of it by the dealer I am buying from, saying that unless you are doing really high mileage it is not worth it and that resale can suffer because people are a little suspiciuos of it.
          Phillipe
          Last edited by phillipe; 5 November 2004, 10:14.

Comment

Originally posted by phillipe
            Thanks Marky.
            I would be interested to find out what they think. I am being talked out of it by the dealer I am buying from, saying that unless you are doing really high mileage it is not worth it and that resale can suffer because people are a little suspiciuos of it.
            Phillipe

Best thing I did was fitting the LPG to my 4runner
            I have 2 x 50 ltr tanks underneath where the spare wheel used to be. My spare now hangs off the rear. I have a ZAVOLI injection kit, Iridiuim spark plugs and it runs as well on gas as it does petrol. As for the costs it just depends whether you intend keeping the vhicle. I have had mine 2 years and the LPG system has paid for itself. Your idea of using it in France is good as you are aware the fuel is considerably cheaper over there.
            You have to weigh up the cost of the car, cost of the kit, annual miles V estimated duration of ownership.

Good luck
            NO WORRIES!
            Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by rusty
              Best thing I did was fitting the LPG to my 4runner
              I have 2 x 50 ltr tanks underneath where the spare wheel used to be. My spare now hangs off the rear. I have a ZAVOLI injection kit, Iridiuim spark plugs and it runs as well on gas as it does petrol. As for the costs it just depends whether you intend keeping the vhicle. I have had mine 2 years and the LPG system has paid for itself. Your idea of using it in France is good as you are aware the fuel is considerably cheaper over there.
              You have to weigh up the cost of the car, cost of the kit, annual miles V estimated duration of ownership.

Good luck
              Thanks Rusty.
              I have just ordered my next Diesel. I only intend to keep it a couple of years. After that I will be wanting something more long term and then will be the time for LPG I think.
              Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              X