No announcement yet.

Wheel Refurb so far!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used a 3m flappy wheel that had 50/50 scotch pads and 100 grit paper in it as well and it work a treat at getting the old lacquer off still took a lot of prep time but got there in the end
    i did it this way because i enjoy doing it and having the satisfaction that i done it all myself is what its all about for me

Scott that looks awesome mate those wheels are proper bling !! your truck looks really smart top job , is that lifted ? how are you getting on with your new rubber ?
    Go Hard Or Go Home

Comment

but the polishing was done by hand,each night ,on the sofa,with a wheel on my lap,a rag and a tube of polish.
      and a bemused wife.[/QUOTE]

Ha ha gotta love indoor mechanics ! i had my impreza engine on the dining table , when the misses came in she was not best pleased, so i got her grinding valves in for me LOL !!
      Go Hard Or Go Home

Comment

Great lads, seriously. I'm exactly the same. I am converting an old prison transport into a camper at the moment and she keeps coming in to blackanddecker workmates in the kitchen and parts strewn everywhere

S'what its all about personally. That feeling of a job well done in probably not the best curcumstance. i.e. a sofa, lol.

Comment

yeah,its lifted,2''. made the kit myself out of Ali,when i did a batch for the guys at Over Fabrication, who kindly fitted it for me,and did all the usual faffing about with rad shield removal,and bumper bracket adjustment. all i had to do after was turn up some s/steel spacers for the gap left inbetween the lower under bar ,and the bull bar.with some nice domed nuts to finish it off.

have not had a chance to drive on the new rubber,yet.im still sorting out electrical stuff,like popeye's heater mod,and some extra (rather different) lighting. but with the lift,and the new 20% upgraded springs (also fitted by mark at Overs) the ride was really nice.
          its good to go up!

Comment

Oh my, I need to go and sit down, all this talk of rim waxing and polishing has worn me out.lol

seriously guys I take my hat off to you all. Scott the polished wheels and new tyres are looking really good, You just need 33"s to fill those arch gaps now.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
              Oh my, I need to go and sit down, all this talk of rim waxing and polishing has worn me out.lol

seriously guys I take my hat off to you all. Scott the polished wheels and new tyres are looking really good, You just need 33"s to fill those arch gaps now.
              yeah,i know..................you told me so.
              should have listened to the expert before parting with my cash
              i'll get bigger when i re-furb the surf alloys. (another 4 months of graft!)
              wife's gonna love this.

Comment

Originally posted by scott-lee View Post
                yeah,its lifted,2''. made the kit myself out of Ali,when i did a batch for the guys at Over Fabrication, who kindly fitted it for me,and did all the usual faffing about with rad shield removal,and bumper bracket adjustment. all i had to do after was turn up some s/steel spacers for the gap left inbetween the lower under bar ,and the bull bar.with some nice domed nuts to finish it off.

have not had a chance to drive on the new rubber,yet.im still sorting out electrical stuff,like popeye's heater mod,and some extra (rather different) lighting. but with the lift,and the new 20% upgraded springs (also fitted by mark at Overs) the ride was really nice.
                its good to go up!
                It's looking good pal , Don't suppose you have a spare lift kit lol I ordered a kit online on the 28th of jan and haven't received anything so am in the process of getting my money back through PayPal , then will look elsewhere , did you do the grill yourself as its looking mighty fine also !!
                This rather different lighting sounds interesting !
                Go Hard Or Go Home

Comment

Oh and never again will I google rim wax OMG
                  Go Hard Or Go Home

Comment

Originally posted by scott-lee View Post

its good to go up!
                    love the grill you got
                    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
                      love the grill you got
                      thanks,mate. was a bit of a find.(ebay) cost a oner,but it is stainless steel and not chrome,so i thought it was worth it.another little job that Mark and his crew helped me out with.
                      Glen, the lads at Over Fabrication have 4 or 5 of my Delrin lift kits,if you need one, sure they would be happy to help.
                      failing which, i do have an Ali kit here, but it is kind of 'ear marked' for someone.
                      depends on what you want really. i did the Ali kit for M12 bolts,like on mine, but M10 could be used without any issues.
                      the lights shall have to remain a mystery for now..........

Comment

Overs also have a nice set of rear coil spring spacers,you might be interested in.
                        1 1/2 ''

Comment

Thought I had seen a grill like that before , I remember seeing it on eBay now , looks spot on ! Don't see many about like that !
                          How much would u want for the Ali kit as I'd rather use m12s myself , only if it's available ?
                          Those spacers look top notch , but I've just fitted +2" RT rear springs on mine lol
                          Go Hard Or Go Home

Comment

Those spacers look top notch , but I've just fitted +2" RT rear springs on mine lol[/QUOTE]
                            yes, shiny is kinda my gig!

just because i could,Ali lift buttons for the rear seats!
                            there is a lot more work involved in the M12 kit,glen. all 10 off the rubbers have metal sleeves that are 16mm dia,with an 11mm (ish) internal bore for the original M10 bolts, these have to be drilled out.while the M12 bolts go through the chassis on the side,the front 2 need to be opened up.also the spacers on the lower rubbers need to be drilled out.all in all,quite a faff.i would really recommend the M10 option. the last Ali one i have,has been promised,though. i could make another,but it wouldn't be for a couple of months,as i've got a lot of private jobs to do for now,and not enough machine time to do it in.sorry mate. if your stuck for a kit,and quick, mark is your best bet, i think.

Comment

those seat lifters look quality scott ! no probs pal not to worry i will see if mark has any lift kits as id rather not have all the faffing about and just fit it straight on , will have to fit the lift kit before i start with the intercooler to give me the space needed , started weighing it all up today and should look good once fitted
                              Go Hard Or Go Home

Comment

Working...
                              X