yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom adjustable panhard rod question ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom adjustable panhard rod question ?

Hi all , I'm going to be making up an adjustable pan hard rod for my surf as since my rear spring lift its pulling my axle over to the drivers side quite abit
    Just wondered if anyone who has done one before knows off hand what size the internal diameter of the panhard is , so I can get everything ready before I start chopping it about , any help would be most helpful
    Thanks in advance !
    Go Hard Or Go Home

think surfenstien would know that one.
    sure he'll be along in a minute

Comment

Be sure to buy left and right handed.

Brian

Comment

Yea hopefully scott lol !
        ha thanks Brian I'll try remember that one !!
        😊
        Go Hard Or Go Home

Comment

Originally posted by glennyboy View Post
          Yea hopefully scott lol !
          ha thanks Brian I'll try remember that one !!
          😊
          im seeing mark,tomorrow. i'll try to remember to ask him,bud

Comment

I made a rod end up out of a solid steel bar, pressed it inside the hollow rod and plug welded the bar into place before i drilled and tapped it to m20. Using left and right hand taps and dies.I machined two flats on the adjuster and held it in place with a couple of locknuts, I'm pretty sure there are a fair few members on here that have my panhard rods fitted to their trucks.
            Last edited by surfenstein; 6 February 2015, 23:06.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Thanks for the info mark , probably start it tomoz if the weathers ok lol only noticed the axle misalignment after I fitted 35mm wheel spacers still drives fine but I gotta have it correct if u know what I mean , and also gives me something else to play around with
              Go Hard Or Go Home

Comment

i would do a panhard mount spacer first. then if required an adjustable panhard rod. that will keep the rod at a better angle.

Comment

Originally posted by tweak'e View Post
                  i would do a panhard mount spacer first. then if required an adjustable panhard rod. that will keep the rod at a better angle.
                  Yes I think I will go down that route with making up the drop bracket first as it does sit on quite an angle at the mo , sounds stupid but went to a few local fab shops and fastening company's who I know and am having trouble finding some m20 1.5 left hand stud bar/rod ! Wouldn't of thought it would be that hard lol !!
                  Go Hard Or Go Home

Comment

Originally posted by glennyboy View Post
                    Yes I think I will go down that route with making up the drop bracket first as it does sit on quite an angle at the mo , sounds stupid but went to a few local fab shops and fastening company's who I know and am having trouble finding some m20 1.5 left hand stud bar/rod ! Wouldn't of thought it would be that hard lol !!
                    I had to make my own I turned down a 25mm diammeter length of stock round bar.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                      I had to make my own I turned down a 25mm diammeter length of stock round bar.
                      Thanks mark I guess that would be the easier way to do it , hopefully will get it sorted before I go back offshore lol 😀
                      Go Hard Or Go Home

Comment

Working...
                      X