yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wheel spacers & snorkel again ! anyone use these ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel spacers & snorkel again ! anyone use these ??

hi guys

just looking at a set of wheel spacers for my surf and wondered if anyone has used these before i know there listed for a lc but the pcd and centre bore is the same so should be ok as there about 40 quid cheaper than RT and 5mm wider as well

As for the snorkel I've done loads of searches on here but the links to ebay are all out of date and can't find the right one for a kzn130 any one use one off ebay as don't wanna spend 300 for a safari if i can help it , most of them are from oz but need to make sure i get the right one.

any thoughts would be gratefully received

thanks glenn

spacers http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2813757417...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

snorkel http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-4x4-Of...item4d2b6dc26c
    Last edited by glennyboy; 18 January 2015, 21:01.
    Go Hard Or Go Home

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Hil...item53fc00820b
    i believe this is a viable alternative, but i may be wrong. was looking a while back for one,and was told this would fit (or was it a 105?)
    im sure someone will confirm ,either way. as for spacers, from what i hear,they can kill C.V 's,but have no experience of them myself , but i do make some from time to time, and i must say the ones you list are very good,price wise. i doubt i could make a set for that money.

Comment

Originally posted by scott-lee View Post
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Hil...item53fc00820b
      i believe this is a viable alternative, but i may be wrong. was looking a while back for one,and was told this would fit (or was it a 105?)
      im sure someone will confirm ,either way. as for spacers, from what i hear,they can kill C.V 's,but have no experience of them myself , but i do make some from time to time, and i must say the ones you list are very good,price wise. i doubt i could make a set for that money.
      hi scott yea i think its pretty much the same snorkel as the other one i might just gamble it and order one lol !!
      I've heard good and bad things about spacers but used to fit them all the time when i worked in a commercial garage and never saw any problems , I'm gonna be fitting them on them 15in 8j 0 offset wheels so in total it would be a -35 offset which should be ok and i suppose for the spec they are good for the money !

p.s how are your wheels coming along ?
      Go Hard Or Go Home

Comment

them sapcers will be fine, Ive been using 38mm spacers for the past year on the surf and the same ones on a frontera before that

Comment

Originally posted by Reece2.4 View Post
          them sapcers will be fine, Ive been using 38mm spacers for the past year on the surf and the same ones on a frontera before that
          thanks Reece think I'm gonna get them , what offset wheels are you using ?
          Go Hard Or Go Home

Comment

not sure they are just steel modulars

Comment

not sure they are just steel modulars

Ha that looks quality ! she sits nice on them rims, are those 33s, what lift have you got ?
              Go Hard Or Go Home

Comment

its rolling 35s, 2" body lift and 3" susp lift.... but yeah its super wide and probably illegal but havnt been stopped by the rozzers yet

Comment

its rolling 35s, 2" body lift and 3" susp lift.... but yeah its super wide and probably illegal but havnt been stopped by the rozzers yet
                  she's a beast m8 ! I'm in the process of sorting mine out as I only bought it in december and the mod list is getting bigger already lol suppose if you do get stopped you could say the arches shrank in the rain
                  Go Hard Or Go Home

Comment

Reece, that looks great... stance is spot on!!!

Do you get any rubbing at all?

I'd love 35s on mine, but it took so long to get mine no rubbing and still riding/driving right on 33s..
                    More Lift.
                    More Tyres.
                    More Engine.

Comment

that looks awesome, have you got a shot from the front?

I used 50mm spacers on my 3rd gen to put some 15" 31s a mate had laying about getting dusty in a barn. after taking this photo I had to take off the bumper extension bits for clearance, but I obviously hadn't put the spacers on properly because one afternoon the offside rear wheel came off! gone back to standard wheels now but it looked nice at the time. I liked the squat stance it had

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by glennyboy View Post
                        hi scott yea i think its pretty much the same snorkel as the other one i might just gamble it and order one lol !!
                        I've heard good and bad things about spacers but used to fit them all the time when i worked in a commercial garage and never saw any problems , I'm gonna be fitting them on them 15in 8j 0 offset wheels so in total it would be a -35 offset which should be ok and i suppose for the spec they are good for the money !

p.s how are your wheels coming along ?
                        not bad,mate.on my second tube of autosol metal polish !!
                        got 2 nearly finished,so far,but they are coming up like chrome.
                        lot of elbow grease,but well worth it. i'll post a pic up soon.look really good with the centers i got for them from roughtrax.bargin at only £6 each.

Comment

this is just a rough one in finishing off tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by scott-lee View Post
                            not bad,mate.on my second tube of autosol metal polish !!
                            got 2 nearly finished,so far,but they are coming up like chrome.
                            lot of elbow grease,but well worth it. i'll post a pic up soon.look really good with the centers i got for them from roughtrax.bargin at only £6 each.
                            Looking good m8 does take a lot of time but well worth the effort ! I know what centres you mean they look spot on for the price , looking forward to seeing them all finished !!
                            Go Hard Or Go Home

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
                              Reece, that looks great... stance is spot on!!!

Do you get any rubbing at all?

I'd love 35s on mine, but it took so long to get mine no rubbing and still riding/driving right on 33s..
                              no rubbing now, had to grind and fold a bit off the arch and cut the bumper end bit too

Originally posted by glennyboy View Post
                              Looking good m8 does take a lot of time but well worth the effort ! I know what centres you mean they look spot on for the price , looking forward to seeing them all finished !!
                              I had some of those wheels too although never got round to fitting them

also went overboard with the tyre pen hah

Comment

Working...
                              X