Is 200 seats in gen 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 200 seats in gen 3.

Seen a couple of posts about people changing the seats for the is200 well I have the chance to buy a full interior for £100. And was wondering if they was as easy as the gen2? As I've seen a write up on here for the gen 2. I don't want to buy if the back seats don't either. I've got access to steel and a welder so can modify bits. But any more info would be great
    cheers lads

The backs won't fit because the IS200 doesn't have a split or fold-down back or fold-forward base. I think someone here took the fabric off their IS rear and reskinned the surf seat in it but the IS200 also has a load-through centre armrest.

I didn't bother using the rear.

Or the cards.

The fronts are better but the Mrs says as they are wider, she struggles to fit her hand down the side of the chair between the door card to use the eleccy adjuster buttons.

I don't seem to have an issue, but I don't have false nails.

(Despite being a 3rd gen owner )
    Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

really? Ok not as easy as swapping with a few brackets lol. Having just the fronts would look very odd as the door cards would stand out to much 😔 Hmm what to do ?? Thanks for the info fella

Comment

My original fronts were split and leaking foam granules, so I can live with having black leather and the grey/blue cards.

For now.

I guess you could dye the rest black to suit, but I don't have the time in my day or the love in my heart to do this - I need to use the truck every day.
        Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Well I did mine few months back (thread few down below yours) and I'm more than happy with them!Rears took way more than fronts as I recoated original seats but still worth it!I'm also planning on re-doing whole interior next year
          I don't mean to sound cold,cruel or bitter but I am so that's how it comes out...

Comment

Originally posted by Gra1986 View Post
            Seen a couple of posts about people changing the seats for the is200 well I have the chance to buy a full interior for £100. And was wondering if they was as easy as the gen2? As I've seen a write up on here for the gen 2. I don't want to buy if the back seats don't either. I've got access to steel and a welder so can modify bits. But any more info would be great
            cheers lads
            Hi
            has anyone done this to the 3rd gen now? How did it go?
            thanks

Comment

I fitted them fronts, with not much work, the only thing I didn't connect is the electric heated bit, anyone done?
              the rears I used the materials of the lexus to recover them with a bit more mods to be able to fold them.
              the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Working...
              X