Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Bumpers, rock sliders, snorkel suspension upgrades

Hi all,
    I am looking at doing some green laneing/off roading in my surf kzn130 3ltr surf 1995.
    I am after a snorkel if anyone knows where i could get 1 from? also looking at changing the front and rear bumpers and fitting some rock sliders, We may well be fabricating these but could do with some ideas on what's best to do or if anyone has any of these items for sale or no where i could get them from please let me know. Will be wanting a winch on the front.
    What is the best suspension upgrade/lift kit to use? I have already put the roughtrax 2" lift rear springs on but need to do the front end and shocks yet.
    Also if there is anything else anyone would recommend doing to prepare the old bus for off roading that would be great!

I recommend that you click on that word between New Posts and Quick Links at the top of this page.
    Everything you're asking about has been covered extensively on here over the past eleven years.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      I recommend that you click on that word between New Posts and Quick Links at the top of this page.
      Everything you're asking about has been covered extensively on here over the past eleven years.
      I forgot for a nano second there why I love this site so much, now I remember!

Comment

Hi,
        Have a look on eBay for the snorkel or just make one out of some 3" ally pipe and flexi with a bought top, with regards to sliders and bumpers Yoshie is your man on here or Stringer on the HPOC site or Matthew Cox on the FB surf owners page. Get a 1.5 or 2" bodylift and fit bigger tyres (that's the only way to get better ground clearance) but as Vince says type it into the search bar and read away mate👍

Comment

a few pics that i had being gathering for a while!
          Attached Files
          the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Cheers for the pics that gives me a few more ideas! MIg welder will be busy! I will post pics of progress!
            I will be doing the 2" body and 2" suspension lift 1st though, Will the auto shifter and 4 wheel selector need any alteration?
            Whats the biggest wheel and tyre package that will fit and look the best after the lift? I have read the biggest would be 33's? Was thinking of 285/75/16?

Comment

Should be fine with auto but I believe there is some adjustment available if needed, and 33s is prob ok but you may need to trim the corner of bumper arch and poss mud flap on front (depends how aggressive the tread is)
              Mike

Comment

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
                a few pics that i had being gathering for a while!
                could do with a rear bumper like that for mine mangled 2 green laning in wales

Comment

Working...
                X