V8 upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V8 upgrades

Are there any other upgrades needing done when installing a V8? My brakes were shoddy at best so if they arent getting upgraded they definitely need revamped.
    Paul

Surfless, donations welcome.

Definitely give the brakes a service, especially if the fluid has never been changed.

New discs, drums, fluid, genuine pads/shoes, caliper service and stainless braided hoses will give the truck amazing stopping power, even with big tyres..

Have a read here.........
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showpost....&postcount=221

Be sure to check the condition of the hard brake lines behind the fuel tank when you drop it down, wet mud can get stuck up there and rot them.

Comment

What he said really! The factory setup, when in fine fettle, isn't that bad.....

I get fade issues, but I drive like.... um, I probably shouldn't.

I'm going to run with Tundra disk and caliper upgrade, and a landcruiser rear axle for disks all round...

But I'm OCD like that, and its more 3rd Gen specific!
      More Lift.
      More Tyres.
      More Engine.

Comment

KS...a bit OT, but...

...if you have a heavily modified truck, like yours, and you've declared it all to the insurance company...do they recognise this should you have an accident (heaven forbid)?

What I mean is...will they give you the cost of all the work rather than a standard truck price?

I want to do loads to mine but it's something that's been on my mind.

Comment

Flux said they cover like for like, but I will submit build photos etc for a pre agreed price.
          More Lift.
          More Tyres.
          More Engine.

Comment

Comment

Bit late but thanks for the replies. Vince do you just replace said hard brake lines in their original location or would you reroute them? I need to get all this sorted out.
              Paul

Comment

99.9% of the time they just have a covering of surface rust, so a quick rub down with some emery cloth and spray with Hammerite or similar is all you need to do.
                If they look like they could fracture once you've given them a clean up, then I would replace those sections. Cut some lengths of brake pipe, slip them inside some rubber hose, either individually or together in the same piece of hose, and re-fit in the same place.

Comment

Grand cheers.
                  Paul

Comment

Working...
                  X