Recon Bash Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recon Bash Plate

My bash plate has seen better days, I had planned to remove it and cut the rust out, paint it and then refit it but it was too rusty...

So I bought a second hand one of a member of this forum (Andyverran)

I cleaned it up, took it down to the metal, painted it in primer and then top coat, and then a few coats of clear. Then refitted it, not forgetting to grease the inside of it to protect it from going rusty.

Now...

Its may not be to everyones taste, and to be honest, I'm not entirely sure about it myself! but I can always paint it black again.

Your opinions please!
    Last edited by Benross; 24 June 2013, 16:54.
    If I like it, Bushwhacker doesn't. :-)

Good job. Not 100% on the colour but if you like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob5464 View Post
      Good job. Not 100% on the colour but if you like it.
      Very diplomatic!

If I'm honest, I'm not 100% on it, I'll keep it for a while and see how I feel.

Like I said I can always paint it black again!

Comment

Bash Plate

Originally posted by Benross View Post
        My bash plate has seen better days, I had planned to remove it and cut the rust out, paint it and then refit it but it was too rusty...

So I bought a second hand one of a member of this forum (Andyverran)

I cleaned it up, took it down to the metal, painted it in primer and then top coat, and then a few coats of clear. Then refitted it, not forgetting to grease the inside of it to protect it from going rusty.

Now...

Its may not be to everyones taste, and to be honest, I'm not entirely sure about it myself! but I can always paint it black again.

Your opinions please!
        That bash plate looks cool but I would like to be the one crawling around under there on those ramps!!

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkshire Devil View Post
          That bash plate looks cool but I would like to be the one crawling around under there on those ramps!!
          I wouldn't but I will hold your jacket
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkshire Devil View Post
            They were all I had to hand! I do ensure that if it dropped, I'd still not get squished!

Comment

pffft i did worse with my ramps.

Comment

Working...
              X