Overnight van mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dazandcaz View Post
    I like the usb battery monitor type thingy that you've fitted, where did you get that from (not that i'm too lazy to search or anything)

Dazza
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ring-volt-In...ng+car+charger

In the words of David Dickinson, "Cheap as chips!"

The back of it comes off so that it has a lip and can be mounted in a panel, although you need to get the whole pretty spot on.

I also bought one of these >
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Coleman-Camp...az+transformer

to take the 240v down to 12v for the ring charger, they just connect to each other.
    If I like it, Bushwhacker doesn't. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
      I don't think the mot test can do anything about your hook up point..

Only thing I'd worry about is water getting in there. Not a problem if you don't off road.

I've been considering putting a fuel flap on the passenger side for hooking up my fridge. At the moment I run the cable through the rear passenger door window (got the rain deflectors so water doesn't get in)
      Im not planning on doing any mud pluggin, although the socket does have a cap that fits over the socket when not in use.

Comment

Originally posted by Benross View Post
        Good spot! I have emailed the company and hopefully they can amend it!

What a complete and utter doughnut!!!!

If they can then I owe you a beer!

If they cant then you can laugh at me for eternity!

Right then Yoshie, bad news, you don't get to laugh at me for eternity, you have however secured yourself a beer!

I sent easyfoam an email and phoned them first thing, luckily it hadn't been cut yet so they pulled the order and phoned me to ask what my final dimensions were!
        I went for 5" (12.7cm!) thick, medium density reflex foam in the end.

Its cost me another £50 unfortunately, plus your beer.

So, pm me your address and I'll send you a beer based present. :-)

Comment

It can wait till I am next in Devon. Just glad you got it changed.
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
            It can wait till I am next in Devon. Just glad you got it changed.
            Cheers, Its mad as I checked it twice but what the eyes saw the brain said was ok!

Its due to be delivered Wednesday so ill let you know if my other measurements are correct!

Comment

Look what turned up today...

Had a quick lay down to test it out, very comfy. I'll probably put a sheet on it and then a thin quilt to lay on. It felt quite cosy! The tinted windows mean you cant see in from the outside, but you can see quite well from the inside out.

I did however manage to mount the 240v sockets too low, so they are now almost covered by the foam! I might move them over to the other cubby hole, but a little higher up!

What do you think?

Comment

Looks good, I would just notch out the foam to clear the sockets, you won't be lying on that bit anyway.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Hi Benross, I'm glad to see somebody is as mad as me. I cut a single bit of foam out of a futon mattress to sleep on in the back of mine. It then folds in half during the day. Foam is expensive to buy so I was lucky to find a bit. Me, my girlfriend and our two dogs (in the front) spent three months last winter in the highlands like that!
                  Watch out for condensation building up under your foam. And at night with a light on those blacked out windows don't do squat! I still need to work out a good way of fitting curtains.

Did you manage to fit an inside switch for the rear window? I intend to do this too and I'll stick some pictures up if I do.
                  Happy camping!

Comment

and remember you can fit L.E.D. bulbs to your internal lights so you don't have to worry about draining the batteries.

Comment

I have added LED s to my last two cars even left one on over night and it didn't discharge the battery enough to give me a starting problem, but get one's with a wide angle of light as most are quite tight.

Comment

Did you manage to fit an inside switch for the rear window? I intend to do this too and I'll stick some pictures up if I do.
                        Happy camping! [/QUOTE]

This link might help.

http://daemon4x4.org/tech/hiluxsurf/...dow_switch.htm
                        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                          Happy camping!

I did, it works a treat. I threaded the wire with the existing loom and mounted the switch in the opposite cubby box.

Comment

Another little addition to the overnight van...

Its not massive, but it does mean you have somewhere to store your chairs, bbq, and somewhere to stand to get dressed in the morning! Just in case me and the mrs fancy some last minute camping.

Comment

Working...
                            X