A couple of minor mods.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of minor mods.

If you compare Surfs, you may notice that on some, the map reading lights with the rear view mirror attatched, have an additional rocker switch that enables these lights, also to come on when a door is opened. the existing wiring to the connector block is already there. It's just swap, plug, and play. I put two 31mm 12 LED bulbs in to match the rest of the interior, so the overall effect is now retina searingly bright.

Also, Did anyone realise that on the drivers side, under the headlining, there are two captive threads that will accept an additional grab handle? (Use a spare passenger side one). Presumably it's there for the LHD 4Runners.

Both these little improvements take only a few minutes.....
    Attached Files
    " Time wounds all heels ".

It's easy enough to fit your own rocker, I imagine?

Good mods!

Comment

Good work Mick, although as soon as you drive offroad or down a heavily rutted lane, you'll wish you hadn't fitted that grab handle above your head!

Comment

It's weird, for some reason Toyota deleted the front courtesy lights from the last years run of 2nd Gens, just leaving the middle light, along with the adjustable suspension too.

Maybe they ran out of them?

3rd Gens only have the middle dome light too, not the one at the front, only manual switchable ones like your old one, so it probably was to get people used to it on the new model.

I aways fit the extra handle on my trucks, probably just cos you can, as its pretty easy to get in holding the steering wheel, but have loads, so seems a shame not to use them.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Good work Mick, although as soon as you drive offroad or down a heavily rutted lane, you'll wish you hadn't fitted that grab handle above your head!
          You were right there, Vince! Bashed me bonce a few times now!.
          " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

The little mods make all the difference, nice job Mick.
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Working...
            X