Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• retro fit spoiler with sliding mirror

Hi
    retro fitting rear tailgate spoiler ( sliding mirror type ) to my gen 3, just wanted to know if anyone has actually done this, please only reply if you have.

Ark

Should we start another thread with the answers or just reply to your other four?

Comment

re

the other post was electrical question. beside how come you haven't you responded to it ?

Comment

spoiler now fitted

got the spoiler fitted today, just awaiting wiring now from tony and all sorted.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Arkamelis; 20 January 2013, 20:59.

Comment

Good job, and kinda matches the lower trim the colour it is!

Going to paint it or not?

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

re

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
            Good job, and kinda matches the lower trim the colour it is!

Going to paint it or not?

Hi Tony
            very pleased, and it goes okay with the silver trim, but i think i will get it sprayed at some point, would prefer it the same color has body. the template worked out very well, only issues were with the drilling side of things but got there in the end.

ps can you let me know how your getting on with the loom ? just wanted to say BW reckons the loom is already in place, but i have looked all around the tailgate area and checked the main loom coming across the roof to the tailgate and couldn't fine one that branched off at all. also was the switch for it mounted on the dash somewhere or console ??

ark
            Last edited by Arkamelis; 21 January 2013, 00:46.

Comment

Retrofitting spoiler

I also have a spoiler to retrofit. Could you provide details on how you did it please? I have the electrical connector at the foot plate but also not sure how the wiring goes (if it already exists) and how to drill those holes (do I need a huge hole for the connector?)
              I am hoping I can just remove the connector from the existing brake light but have not checked yet.
              How long did the retrofit take?

Comment

re spoiler

hi ajstars
                its a big job, you will need to get a loom for the tail gate from a ssrg. yes the wiring is partly there. plenty of drilling and cutting needed, you will need a template, i got rid of mine when the job was done sadly. get the loom and switch first, were go from there

Comment

Spoiler

Thanks, making a template is no problem, I have a surf with a spoiler I can take this from. Is it just the tailgate wiring and switch required - I.e no wiring required from switch to the back of the car and nothing needed for under the roof lining? Would it potentially be easier to replace the wiring with a DIY job and some shrink wrap?
                  Thanks

Comment

re

hi ajstars
                    you dont need any wiring from the switch it is or should already be there , you just plug your mirror switch into it ( the other end is located under the console. but you will have to swap the loom thats in the tail gate for a ssrg loom ( i take it yours is a ssrx ) .
                    i worked out that any of the surfs that came with a spoiler with the sliding mirror would of had this loom put in the tail gate, and of not the option of the sliding mirror just had a standard loom.

sorry yes just the switch and loom in tailgate

let me know how your getting on

ark
                    Last edited by Arkamelis; 18 February 2014, 22:15.

Comment

Working...
                    X