New Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Build

This will be getting winch bumper, rear tube bumper and sliders.
    Will post progress as I go.
    Anyway I now have this truck running so time to sort out the rather large list of to do.

[url]http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?p=765768#post76 5768[/ur

I got distracted so the build pictures start around post 95.

Some old projects:

www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55519

www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=60219

www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=72281
    Last edited by yoshie; 4 February 2015, 00:11.
    Brian

No way! Trouble from the neighbours is the last thing you need after
    going to all that trouble building the garage/workshop, hope you get it
    sorted.

Looking forward to this build, should be cool if its up to your usual
    standard.
    Still on a mission.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
      I have had an issue with a neighbor complaining to the council that I am fixing fitting roll cages to other peoples trucks.
      The same one that didn't want you to have the garage in the first place?
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

There's nothing to stop you working on anyones car, so long as it's not causing an obstrustion or any form of polution. I can't remember the rules about 'for reward' but I think they are similar to the others, so long as there's no disturbance, it's OK.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          There's nothing to stop you working on anyones car, so long as it's not causing an obstrustion or any form of polution. I can't remember the rules about 'for reward' but I think they are similar to the others, so long as there's no disturbance, it's OK.
          The enforcement officers tends to agree. Looks like as long as I stay within the noise regs which I have always done. I can pursue my hobby as much as I like.
          Last edited by yoshie; 17 June 2012, 12:23.
          Brian

Comment

I finished the very rough design bumper today and then my welder packed in. It's the wire feed motor or the PCB, getting the motor tested tomorrow. Just paid £200 yesterday to have the bender fixed and now this.

Anyway this will be going on the truck for final fit and finish and then I will make the proper one once I have all the drawings and sizes finalised. Please ignore the gaps, cuts and re-welds the final version will be far neater, promise.

As soon as the welder is up and running I will finish the rear design and post some pics of both fitted. I will probably fit tube on top similar to the TJM and the one fitted to my Jimny build one.
            Brian

Comment

Bumper looks really good mate ,I can't wait to see what it looks like fitted to a truck
              Always up to my neck in it

Comment

Looking good, can imagine the finished article will be class A...
                As usual.
                Last edited by Wolfracer; 15 June 2012, 22:23.
                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

going to call you james may from now on! that work shop is far too tidy & where are the name tags above each spanner

excellent work as always looks like my bumper but thats a lot better!
                  http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

You should hear him moaning about the mess I make in there.
                    Those pics don't really show a tidy workshop, it get way more clinical than that!

He was polishing the welder the other night, I shit you not!
                    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Bumper looks great!

I'm looking forward to seing this project progress!
                      More Lift.
                      More Tyres.
                      More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                        You should hear him moaning about the mess I make in there.
                        Those pics don't really show a tidy workshop, it get way more clinical than that!

He was polishing the welder the other night, I shit you not!
                        And the roller cab. {seceret shiny club member number1}
                        Brian

Comment

Haha polishing his nuts n bolts I bet too once he finished with the welder! Bet you he has hoovered inside the zuk as well! If peoplke on SMC found out you would be thrown out the committee haha :p
                          http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post
                            Haha polishing his nuts n bolts I bet too once he finished with the welder! Bet you he has hoovered inside the zuk as well! If peoplke on SMC found out you would be thrown out the committee haha :p
                            Ha the Zuki is sold and I stepped down from committee last year, keep up

I do like a tidy workspace, my office is also a little OCD inspired as is my garage.
                            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                              And the roller cab. {seceret shiny club member number1}
                              Nothing wrong with that mate.
                              Pride is an emotion that seems to have been forgotten about these days.

Comment

Working...
                              X