No announcement yet.

New Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My trucks aren't the cleanest, but I do like to keep my tools clean and tidy.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I did a spot of cleaning today.

If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Good work.

Is that the original battery cable? Looks too short to me.

Comment

Nice shiny electrical tape over intake hose...

Priorities man! Fix the important things before pointless cleaning!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
            Nice shiny electrical tape over intake hose...

Priorities man! Fix the important things before pointless cleaning!

Well spotted that man, I am acctually going to order one from RT very shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Good work.

Is that the original battery cable? Looks too short to me.
              I couldn't tell you vince, it's been on since I bought the truck 5 years ago.

Comment

Anyway enough of this shananigans, let's get back on topic.

Sorry Bri.

Comment

Yeah... Big tease...liking it already. One question, I'm concerned about weight on my already loaded truck. It would be good to know how much it will weigh when finished.
                  I'm already thinking of junking my front bullbar and bumper for when you start making the front bumper as that must be lighter.
                  Last edited by Overland Tonka; 7 August 2012, 10:02.
                  .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Overland Tonka View Post
                    Yeah... Big tease...liking it already. One question, I'm concerned about weight on my already loaded truck. It would be good to know how much it will weigh when finished.
                    I'm already thinking of junking my front bullbar.
                    Rear should be around 25kg, TJM make the front from 3mm sheet I was going for 4mm. Without A Bars it shouldn't be over 20kg. It should be sporting both in a couple of weeks.
                    Brian

Comment

Do the front bumpers have the mounting plate built in for the winch so I can just bolt a winch straigh in? Looking forward to seeing yours so I know what mine will end up looking like :P
                      ======
                      Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

Originally posted by andy_enuff View Post
                        Do the front bumpers have the mounting plate built in for the winch so I can just bolt a winch straigh in? Looking forward to seeing yours so I know what mine will end up looking like :P
                        I have made it so the winch bolts to the inside face of the bumper. It would depend on the type of winch but most decent makes allow the barrel to rota and fit as above.
                        Some would need modified. A warn 8274 for example would require a plate on the chassis and the bumper top cut differently.

A tube type design would accept almost any winch design.
                        Brian

Comment

The no drilling option on those rear bumpers make them worth the effort.
                          I'l be up on Sunday afternoon bro. Off to Dunkeld camping this weekend.
                          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

[QUOTE=yoshie;772828
                            A tube type design would accept almost any winch design.[/QUOTE]

Just what I wanted to hear Brian n rear looks good too ..

11+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a " T " is my Yota
                            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Progress at last

Had plenty of distractions of late but tonight managed a step closer to a decent plate winch bumper.

I have had the steel mock done for a few months now. What I needed was to prove my drawings with full size folded versions. {high school math came in handy at last} I can't fold 4mm plate easily so Alan got me some 3mm aluminum. Shiny anyone

Anyway what it proves is I am almost set to hand my drawings over to the local engineers to have the sections folded in steel.

Nearly there And yes the bumper is upside down on the bench

Last edited by yoshie; 27 August 2012, 21:49.
                              Brian

Comment

looking good Brian

sure there will be many an opportunity to test it out at drumclog or the lakes
                                http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Working...
                                X