• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The gaffer at work.
    Attached Files
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Brian, those fogs need an 85mm hole to surface mount, need to tweak the design for those ones a wee bit.
      Alan

Comment

Good workmanship Brian n pics Alan ...

11+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
          Brian, those fogs need an 85mm hole to surface mount, need to tweak the design for those ones a wee bit.
          If you know of a smaller set I don't mind swapping to them, just everything I've found so far are around the same size.

Comment

I like the rear bumper, it mounts on the body I take it, so no good for recovery points?

Comment

Originally posted by JD_975 View Post
              I like the rear bumper, it mounts on the body I take it, so no good for recovery points?
              Yep, I can do a separate recover point if needed. However it would utilise the tow bar mounting points on the chassis in order to make it a simple bolt on solution.
              Brian

Comment

I also like that idea

How much would you be looking at charging for a rear bumper and a pair of recovery points? Would you be able to weld a small ring on the under side of the bumper so I could leave a small doubler attached and hang it from the bumper? would only need to be big enough to put a shackle pin through.

Comment

Then I best drop you an email too.... although I already have a towbar... would that snarl any ideas you have for the bumper?
                  ======
                  Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

Originally posted by andy_enuff View Post
                    Then I best drop you an email too.... although I already have a towbar... would that snarl any ideas you have for the bumper?
                    Tow bar means you have a perfect recovery point already, bumper doesn't interfere with the tow bar.
                    Brian

Comment

Brian I forgot to mail you last night, can you fire me an email to ....
                      Last edited by JD_975; 26 October 2012, 18:56.

Comment

Well got my prototype finished today with some help from Alan, please don't look to close as this was thrown together to give me an idea of what I like and don't like about it.
                        The orange is just so I can mess with it in photoshop. I think the step section will defiantly get an alloy in fill section, closing maybe a third of the space from the center line, drilled and shaped to add some interest. The brackets will be finished in black with black bolts to help them disappear from the eye.

Last edited by yoshie; 28 October 2012, 20:03.
                        Brian

Comment

Spot-on Brian, excellent work.

I think it will look best without a rear mounted spare though.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                            Spot-on Brian, excellent work.

I think it will look best without a rear mounted spare though.
                            Agreed, I have no intention of putting it back on. I will fix a mounting point in the bed when I get to that stage. Should be roughly six foot of load space so plenty of room.
                            Brian

Comment

That looks really smart.

Comment

Few of the pics I took today.
                                I think the alloy infills will set it off, looks pretty good on the truck.
                                Attached Files
                                Alan

Comment

Working...
                                X