No announcement yet.

New Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managed a couple of hours this afternoon until my feced ankle got to sore.
    I got the cab infills and the edge of the bed seam welded and dressed.
    Hope to start lining the bed at the weekend. Wood lined with a section floor infilled with alloy runners and a dark grey speed line finish, applied by by brother, hopefully
    Last edited by yoshie; 19 March 2013, 21:51.
    Brian

Comment

• Originally posted by yoshie View Post
      Managed a couple of hours this afternoon until my feced ankle got to sore.
      I got the cab infills and the edge of the bed seam welded and dressed.
      Hope to start lining the bed at the weekend. Wood lined with a section floor infilled with alloy runners and a dark gray speed line finish, applied by by brother hopefully
      Who's Brother Hopefuly ? Do you Know many monks, Brian ? .
      " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

• Lol aint he related to brother Maybe and brother
        Manyana?
        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

• Originally posted by MWS View Post
          Who's Brother Hopefuly ? Do you Know many monks, Brian ? .
          Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
          Lol aint he related to brother Maybe and brother
          Manyana?
          Suffering and on painkillers, where is the sympathy
          Brian

Comment

• Shhh, yer giving too much away! Keep all the info until the 'reveal' pics!
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

• Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
              Shhh, yer giving too much away! Keep all the info until the 'reveal' pics!
              That means Brother Hopefully hasn't pulled his finger out yet...
              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                That means Brother Hopefully hasn't pulled his finger out yet...

....cause it's not the weekend yet..
                Alan

Comment

• Another weekend of decent progress. All the arch mounting holes welded up as well as a couple of small repairs that needed plating. Also got the lower cab closed with sheet steel and all welded into the under frame from inside the cab.
                  First pass with the u-pol filler and it looks like only a very thin layer will be required. Hope start on the underside next and perhaps the bed lining next weekend.

Last edited by yoshie; 24 March 2013, 20:12.
                  Brian

Comment

• I have those discs here mate, I'll pick up the sander on Tuesday. Good progress bro.
                    Alan

Comment

• Proper job!

So glad you didn't do one of those dumbass four door versions.

Comment

• Filler getting sanded out tonight.

Alan

Comment

• Thanks Vince. I got it outside today to give the underside and engine bay a blast with the power washer so took some pics before I started. First time I have been able to stand back and look at the proportions, I like it thankfully.
                          Alan came over late afternoon and we got a few hours on the bed, going well but build pics of this stage will be posted once the bed is complete.

Brian

Comment

• Brian, that is feckin' perfect!
                            The stance the proportions everything, 'cept whats under the lid.

I want to do exactly the same now and Surfs are much cheaper than those bone shaker pickups.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                              Thanks Vince. I got it outside today to give the underside and engine bay a blast with the power washer so took some pics before I started. First time I have been able to stand back and look at the proportions, I like it thankfully.
                              Looking real nice Brian, can't wait to see the completed article. Hope your using a decent hardwood in the bed
                              Does the fact that it moved mean my parcel left the building ?

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                              Brian, that is feckin' perfect!
                              The stance the proportions everything, 'cept whats under the lid.
                              I want to do exactly the same now and Surfs are much cheaper than those bone shaker pickups.
                              Want to practice on mine when it comes down looks like I won't be driving it for awhile yet although I need to push it in for MOT by the 3rd now
                              Last edited by Growler; 30 March 2013, 22:45.

Comment

• Plus one for Vince's comments...
                                It looks like it's always been a pick up. Great job Brian
                                Can you sort out the side by side pics though :/
                                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                                X